Windows Administrator, Senior | Req#2817
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Windows Administrator to support our client based in Washington DC.
This role provides technical operational support, administration, and maintenance of development, testing, and production infrastructure, middleware, and applications, ensuring services meet operational targets, achieve high availability, and performance. Environment is fast paced with direct responsibility for 130 servers in the client’s vRA/cloud and supporting role for 110 servers in a hosted Production environment. Many servers builds and administration tasks are automated via Ansible and PowerShell.
What is in it for you?
You will serve as the Technical Team Lead for Windows supervising and coordinating work of other Windows admins and serve as a project manager for the Windows 2019 Upgrade Project, making assignments, reporting status, updating tracking spreadsheet, and ensuring the team is moving forward. You will participate in quarterly program increment (PI) planning sessions with development teams to identify goals and priorities for the PI and ensure goals are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform operational support for servers running Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, and 2019
- Configure and manage web servers running IIS, JBoss, Apache, and Tomcat.
- Proactively monitor systems, report/and troubleshoot issues.
- Ensure availability, problem resolution and performance tuning/improvement.
- Perform system changes such as software deployments and upgrades.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues reported by development teams.
- Be available at least one Saturday per month for server patching and available on as needed basis to support work that must be done after hours (e.g., cutover to new Windows 2019 servers)
- Work with the Security Engineering team to proactively harden systems, as well as investigate scan findings and remediate them in a timely fashion
- Document problems and resolutions in Jira tickets and troubleshooting documentation.
- Proactive and skilled at updating procedures on the team Confluence wiki and MS Word documents. Required to keep Windows documentation up to date. Create and update processes and procedures documentation.
- Develop and implement scripts to automate processes to reduce redundancy and user error. Check scripts into Git, update procedures, and socialize to the team via build procedure update announcements.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams for operational support, software deployment support, on projects, and on process improvements.
- Create reports for management upon request.
- Create and update Group Policy Objects to simplify server configuration/administration
- Utilize tools such as Ansible, PowerShell, and TrueSight Server Automation for patching, security remediation, and software deployments
- Pro-actively work to identify gaps in current tools and processes. Identify, propose, and implement solutions.
- 8+ years of experience building, administering, and maintaining Windows Server 2012, 2016, and 2019 systems.
- 5+ years of experience in the automation of server build and administration tasks. Expert in PowerShell. Working knowledge of Ansible and Git required. Python a plus.
- 2+ years of experience using Ansible to automate tasks.
- 1+ years of experience using Git to manage scripts.
- 1+ years of experience with VMware vRealize Automation (vRA).
- 1+ years of experience managing Zabbix to include creating templates, triggers, and alerts for servers in our cloud/vRA.
- Hands-on technical skills, operational background, problem-solving and analytical skills, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- 1+ years of experience in application infrastructure administration of the following platforms: JAVA, JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, Microsoft .Net and Nginx.
- Knowledge with clusters for load balancing, redundancy, and high availability.
- Strong understanding of networking concepts such as IP, firewalls, routing and F5. Experience in NFS, SMTP, DNS, and SNMP.
- Knowledge with DevOps, Lean or/and other Agile methodologies a plus.
- Basic Linux administration experience and experience supporting MS SQL a plus.
- Energetic and positive team player who is highly responsive to customers and management
- Able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, technical editing or writing experience
- BA or BS degree required
- Must have the skills to lead Windows automation efforts and be pro-active about continuous process improvement.
- Must be able to communicate and coordinate effectively across multiple teams and translate complex technical problems and propose solutions to audiences of varying technical backgrounds.
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.