Job Description – Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Position Title: Production Operator
Reports To:Production Leader/Supervisor
The Production Operator is responsible for tasks involving physical labour in a manufacturing plant and will be required to operate a variety of hand and power tools. The Production Operator will be responsible for the efficient production of products according to established procedures following all safety protocols and workplace policies to ensure profitable business operations.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and specifications
- Assemble circuits requiring fine hand assembly
- Check final assembly for finish, labelling and packaging methods
- Check mechanical dimensions and perform go-no-go electrical tests
- Identify and mark acceptable and defective assemblies
- Perform simple electrical and continuity testing of electronic components, parts, and systems
- Collect, record, and summarize inspection results
- Complete manual assembly, cleaning, testing, inspection work as per work instructions
- Prepare and sort material as per work instruction, load/unload material onto machine or manual workstations
- Connect cables, tubes and wires to complete assemblies and installations
- Operate and tend automated assembling equipment such as robotic and fixed automation equipment
- Conduct cosmetic, functional inspection as per work instruction, Mark, record, and report defects
- Clean and perform preparation of worksite, workstation, and machines
- Work with equipment operators to facilitate machine alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery equipment, and materials
- Completion of other duties and projects as assigned
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and procedures
Qualifications and Experience:
- Able to take continental shift
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have and communication skills
- Demonstrated attention to quality and detail
- Previous experience as a General Labourer in a manufacturing environment an asset
- Existing knowledge of Workplace Safety, First Aid and CPR preferred
- Able to perform repetitive tasks, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform physical labour activities
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
Note: Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment. Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.