O&M Field Technician I
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: O&M Field Technician I
Department:Operations & Maintenance
Reports to: Regional O&M Manager
Canadian Solar, Inc. is currently seeking an O&M Field Technician I for our Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Division. The O&M Field Technician I will be responsible for maintenance and troubleshooting of project equipment related to any operational solar farms or roof top projects. The successful candidate will have strong electrical/ mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting techniques and organizational skills to drive and achieve project uptime and production targets of projects and must be capable of working independently or within a team environment.
- Understand hourly production output targets and if there is any danger of not meeting them, execute a plan for correction or elevation of the situation.
- Follow maintenance schedules and perform routine maintenance (PMs, start-up tests, etc.) on equipment.
- Ability to effectively navigate through and complete work orders as well as administrative records in a CMMS system.
- Identify potential problems and suggest changes or corrective actions.
- Work with other members of the maintenance team, sub-contractors, and other groups to continuously improve system performance, drive product quality and maintenance cost improvement.
- Assist with project commissioning and testing.
- Attend and participate in all assigned trainings in safety, environmental, and other areas as assigned.
- Oversee and supervise sub-contractors.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and company policies.
- Conduct other duties as required.
- 0-2 years of hands-on experience in field work.
- HS Diploma or GED required.
- College degree preferred.
- NABCEP Certification is a plus.
- Strong work ethic, positive team attitude and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to work outside normal daytime hours of 8am to 5:00pm (plus nights and weekends) responding to emergency service or project equipment issues.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.