Sr. Tax Analyst
Our culture and people are our most important assets and a key source of our competitive advantage. We strive to “Make the Difference” in our work by cultivating a corporate culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion, and creating a lasting positive impact on society and the communities where we operate. Please consider joining the Canadian Solar family in Making the Difference!
Job Title: Senior Analyst, Tax
Reports To:Tax Program Manager
The Senior Tax Analyst, reporting directly to the Tax Program Manager, will be primarily responsible for assisting with tax provision, compliance, research, and supporting all MSS companies in North America, mainly USMM, US factories and other MSS entities in US. This position requires a solid working knowledge of tax concepts, practices, and procedures.
The successful candidates abilities will include:
- Prepare quarterly ASC 740 income tax provisions, including current/deferred taxes calculation, rate reconciliation and payable analysis
- Support our ASC 740 global tax provision and tax accounting process
- Review US federal, state, and local tax returns and work with external service providers to process returns for filings
- Review US federal, state, and local quarterly estimated payment and annual tax return extension
- Prepare the transfer pricing adjustments and coordinate with external consultant in preparing the transfer pricing documentation for the region
- Maintain tax compliance calendar and ensure all tax deadlines are timely met
- Review indirect tax filings including, but not limited to, sales and use tax, gross receipts tax, and property tax
- Research technical tax matters and provide practical, solution-focused responses to issues
- Assist with tax audits and respond to various tax notices from tax authorities
- Work collaboratively with various function within the company
- Perform special projects as needed, such as implementing tax compliance software and conducting ad hoc analyses
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, tax, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of tax experience in a public accounting firm, and/or equivalent experience in tax department of a large corporation
- Solid tax accounting experience (ASC 740), including tax provision preparation and maintenance and reconciliation of current and deferred tax accounts
- Experience in US manufacturing is a must
- Working knowledge of SAP to enable data extract and reconciliation
- Experience with OneSource income tax, Avalara sales tax software or similar tax software preferred
- Ability to work cross-functionally, collaboratively, and cross-culturally
- Must possess excellent time management skills to complete all responsibilities in accordance with established deadlines
- Strong analytical, organizational, interpersonal and project management skills
- Bilingual (English-Chinese) is preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.