Development Coordinator (Engineer-in-Training)
Job Description – Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar module producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Position Title:Development Coordinator
Department:Development, North America
Reports To:Director, Development, Canada
As a member of the North American Development team, the Development Coordinator is responsible for assisting and administrating all aspects related to strategy development, project identification and administration, performance modeling, constructability assessment, permitting, procurement, pre-construction planning and End Buyer sale support. The Development Coordinator must perform a range of related duties as needed to support Development department.
- Support in the early development and planning stages for new solar and energy storage projects
- Facilitate regulatory filings with provincial and municipal authorities
- Coordinate certification and code compliance for equipment and construction activities
- Assist in the preparation of bid support and responses to requests for proposal
- Lead preliminary technical analysis for new project opportunities
- Provide project development tracking including budgets, permits, cash flows, approvals
- Assist with legal agreements, mergers and acquisitions, loan agreements, and new business analysis and buyer due diligence
- Prepare/assist with presentations, proposals, (PowerPoint) and reports (Excel/Word) as required for senior management to present externally, to the investment committee and to headquarters as well as track compliance
- Perform other duties includes various reporting, maintaining and filing documentation, data room management, payment approvals and contract approvals
- Complete/assist with other duties and projects to help business operations, the finance team and development team
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Support ISO 9001 activities
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety rules and policies
- Conduct other duties as required
- Degree in an engineering discipline eligible for registration in Alberta as an Engineer-In-Training is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to perform related functions in adherence to regulations, laws, policies, and standards
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Able to deal with people tactfully, confidentially, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Strong desire to creatively solve complex problems
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and e-mail required
- Excellent time management skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
Note: The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at its own discretion.
We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment.
Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.