Technical Services Engineer
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Technical Services Engineer, Key Accounts
Department: Technical Services & Support, Americas
Location: Walnut Creek, CA (USA)
Entity: Module & System Solutions
Reports To: Director, Technical Support and Services, Americas
The Technical Services Engineer will be responsible for providing coordination and on-going technical services for Canadian Solar’s Key Account customers. Specifically acting as the main contact between the Customer, Customer’s Agent, Canadian Solar’s various factories, as well as with Canadian Solar Headquarters’ Technical Services personnel.
- Coordinates the performance of the technical services requirements of modules sales agreements, which shall include factory and product related inspections, including scheduling, coordinating, overseeing as well as corrective actions.
- Coordinates inspections performed by third parties at facilities worldwide and will include, but not limited to the following:
- Inspections of Manufacturing Facilities
- Module Qualification Process
- Performance Tests
- Manages projects to meet expected timing, cost, and quality goals.
- Determines project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculates time requirements, identifying and sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving obstacles.
- Determines project responsibilities by identifying project phases and elements, requesting and allocating resources as necessary.
- Coordinates with interdepartmental managers for the availability, assignment, and accountability of downstream resources and technology.
- Participates, updates and contributes to the Key Accounts team meetings representing the Technical Services Department.
- Works closely with internal Global Technical Services and factory personnel.
- Communicates program status to management and key stakeholders against metrics and constraints.
- Supports Technical Services Department with other duties as needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate project planning requirements, including task elucidation, duration, and resource requirements.
- Strong strategic thinker, excellent collaboration and communication skills, careful attention to detail.
- Ability to balance business and technical risks while remaining compliant with internal systems.
- Manufacturing process knowledge preferred.
- Ability to work cross-functionally, collaboratively and cross-culturally.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong communication skills. Must have the ability to build rapport and liaise with people at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- Fluency with Mandarin is also preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of technical support experience within the semi-conductor, PV manufacturing or renewable energy industry.
- Ability to travel up to 30-60% of the time. Some travel maybe required to remote locations.
- Demonstrated failure analysis experience, demonstrated structured problem-solving experience
- Proven experience with solid leadership and people management skills.
- Proven track record of building, developing and managing service delivery and supporting teams.
- Continuously seeking ways to improve complex systems of people and process.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite; advanced Excel skills highly preferred.
- Work will be performed in various locations, including factory floor, warehouse, and a standard office environment, including in front of a computer monitor and will involve sitting, bending, standing, walking, typing, and reaching.
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.