Director Business Development (Energy Storage)
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically‐integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom‐designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world‐class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest‐growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006.
The Director of Business Development, CSI Energy Storage Business (SSES), will be responsible for leading the business plan development and sales efforts for our Energy Storage business in Chile. The Director will lead, plan, and implement a comprehensive internal and external program that establishes a sustainable customer base, increase revenue and profits, utilizing the existing sales force, while expanding, leading, and modifying the team as needed.
- Drive all aspects of the business planning, sales, and business development of CSI’s Energy Storage Business.
- Focus on the development and emerging business strategy of CSI’s Energy Storage Business, prioritizing Utility Scale Energy Storage, but also residential and C&I markets.
- Identifying and defining the new SSES business strategy, business opportunities and business channels while creating an active sales pipeline.
- Work externally with clients, and internally with key stakeholders to achieve SSESB business growth objectives.
- Lead negotiations as well as fulfill regulatory requirements for contract administration process.
- You will build and foster solid relationships and interact with other groups to continuously improve results.
- Take ownership of various projects as needed. These projects may be assigned or developed out of the need for process improvement and increased operational efficiency.
- Provide accurate sales forecasts and reporting of sales and drive conversion of leads and forecast opportunities to revenue.
- Manage existing and foster new customer relationships with a focus on key opportunities within the Energy Storage sector.
- Negotiate and close orders to achieve Canadian Solar short-and-long-term Energy Storage business plan and growth targets on committed timelines.
- Coordinate contract negotiation team (technical, commercial, legal etc.) and take the lead on commercial negotiations.
- Contribute to development of the marketing strategy and communication to build brand awareness.
- Execute business plans with emphasis on developing and maintaining strong business relationships at senior customer levels.
- Develop appropriate presentations for customer proposals to win business and meet company goals.
- Meet with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Prepare regular sales and status reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
Qualifications & Experience
- Min 10 years’ experience functioning in a business development & sales capacity within the Energy Storage space preferably within Chile.
- Bachelors or Associate degree in management, administration, engineering, supply chain or related field – Preferred
- Experience within the energy storage industry and Government contracts.
- Proven experience achieving key sales goals, while continually growing the Energy Storage Business sector.
- Experience with value selling and designing an account penetration strategy/plan.
- Ability to find the decision maker in a complex deal.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively.
- Strong presentation and communication, written, and verbal skills.
- High proficiency of MS Office applications and other CRM systems, such as Sales Force.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and proactively without supervision.
- Great work ethic, can-do personality, competitive and driven.
- Flexible schedule will be required.
- We foster a team environment; honesty and meeting commitments are key values.
- Ability to travel 50% +.