Industry Solutions Analyst & Consultant
INDUSTRY SOLUTIONS - ANALYST & CONSULTANT
Location – USA
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the Digital Transformation for our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical Systems. We deliver to industries demanding the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success is defined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As an Industry Solutions - Analyst & Consultant on the Wind River Product team, you will take ownership to research, drive evaluations and document market opportunities across multiple verticals (e.g. A&D, Transportation, Networking, Medical). Your work will enable the organization to build targeted solutions and inform the sales team. Recommendations will take the form of a Market Briefing (e.g. customer pain points, TAM/SAM/SOM, industry scenarios, etc.), Scenario Solution Play (description of the relevant scenarios and identify ecosystem partners). The outcome will create market centric plays driving growth and significant bookings over time. The role requires passion for analyzing data from many sources, dealing with ambiguity, the ability to articulate/refine an industry hypothesis and to create financial models. Vertical market expertise is not required. For this role, business analysis expertise, the ability to learn new markets quickly, excellent written communications and the deep curiosity will serve candidates well.
Scope of Role
Work closely with several stakeholders including product managers, partner leads, field executives, technologists, corporate marketing, professional services and executive staff. You will interface with external stakeholders such as analyst, customer and partners.
- Employ customer feedback, industry analysis, competitive analysis and sales feedback to synthesize a market hypothesis. Document a Solution proposal where Wind River can create and land revenue growth scenarios within a set of industries. Materials created include financial model and research such as TAM, SAM and SOM. The outcome will enable Wind River to increase customer wallet shares for the Solution Plays you create.
- Continuously refine the market hypothesis as new data, technology, business or macro economic trends and competitive analysis are available.
- Document the industry hypothesis in a Market Briefing. Document Scenario Solution Map as actionable intelligence for the main stakeholders (e.g. executive team for investment asks, field sales, marketing and drive industry feature asks into product management)
- Proactively engage with your main stakeholders, actively listen to their challenges and constantly refine appropriate solutions based on feedback and data.
- Employ diplomacy, integrity and persistence to drive a shared understanding for each of the industries you own.
CORE COMPETENCIES & DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS
Deep expertise in several of the following skills:
- Demonstrated analytical thinking skills, strategy synthesis from data
- Intellectual agility to support multiple market segments (e.g. Aerospace and Defense)
- Hands-on mentality for completing the analysis work in a fast pace environment required.
- Familiarity with Embedded Software, Edge Computing and Cloud landscape
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to write clearly and quickly.
- Strong verbal communications skills with the ability to articulate business opportunities, market sizing and concepts to audiences less familiar with the specific domains.
- MBA preferred or related technical degree with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- 5+ years customer interfacing experience at the senior level for both business and technology domains.
- 5+ years of experience in a consulting practice in the domain of technology
- Market analysis experience required
- Demonstrated credibility with cross functional stakeholders
- Experience in an Operational Technology sector is preferred
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.