Industry Solutions Analyst & Consultant
INDUSTRY SOLUTIONS - ANALYST & CONSULTANT
Location – USA
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, in a world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and deliver at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as Telecommunications, including 5G; Industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining); Connected Healthcare and Medical Devices; Automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles); and, Aerospace & Defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace.” If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world in a caring, respectful culture that is based on growth mindset, diversity, inclusion and customer focused, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As an Industry Solutions – Analyst & Consultant on the Wind River Product team, you will take ownership to research, drive evaluations and document market opportunities across multiple verticals (e.g. A&D, Transportation, Networking, Medical). Your work will enable the organization to build targeted solutions and inform the sales team. Recommendations will take the form of a Market Briefing (e.g. customer pain points, TAM/SAM/SOM, industry scenarios, etc.), Scenario Solution Play (description of the relevant scenarios and identify ecosystem partners). The outcome will create market centric plays driving growth and significant bookings over time. The role requires passion for analyzing data from many sources, dealing with ambiguity, the ability to articulate/refine an industry hypothesis and to create financial models. Vertical market expertise is not required. For this role, business analysis expertise, the ability to learn new markets quickly, excellent written communications and the deep curiosity will serve candidates well.
Scope of Role
Work closely with several stakeholders including product managers, partner leads, field executives, technologists, corporate marketing, professional services and executive staff. You will interface with external stakeholders such as analyst, customer and partners.
- Gather and employ customer feedback, industry analysis, competitive analysis and sales feedback to synthesize a market hypothesis. Document a Solution proposal where Wind River can create and land revenue growth scenarios within a set of industries. Materials created include financial model and research such as TAM, SAM and SOM. The outcome will enable Wind River to increase customer wallet shares for the Solution Plays you create.
- Continuously refine the market hypothesis as new data, technology, business or macro economic trends and competitive analysis are available.
- Document the industry hypothesis in a Market Briefing. Document Scenario Solution Map as actionable intelligence for the main stakeholders (e.g. executive team for investment asks, field sales, marketing and drive industry feature asks into product management)
- Proactively engage with your main stakeholders, actively listen to their challenges and constantly refine appropriate solutions based on feedback and data.
- Employ diplomacy, integrity and persistence to drive a shared understanding for each of the industries you own.
CORE COMPETENCIES & DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS
Deep expertise in several of the following skills:
- Creative problem solver with demonstrated analytical thinking skills, able to create structured research paths out of ambiguity.
- Intellectual agility to become an SME in multiple market verticals.
- Familiarity with Embedded Software, Edge Computing and Cloud landscape.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to write clearly and quickly.
- Strong verbal communications skills with the ability to articulate business opportunities, market sizing and concepts to audiences less familiar with the specific domains.
- Hands-on mentality for completing the analysis work in a fast pace environment required.
- Technical degree with 3+ years of relevant experience, MBA a plus.
- 3+ years of experience in a consulting practice and/or Software, Automotive, Telecom, Aerospace and Defense, or Medical Device preferred
- Financial modeling and market analysis experience required
- Experience designing surveys and conducting interviews preferred
- Demonstrated credibility with cross functional stakeholders
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.