Machine Assistant (Roll Wrap) - 2nd Shift
Why work for us?
Mativ is a global leader in specialty materials headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
What we can offer you:
- $1000.00 Sign-on Bonus!
- Competitive rewards programs (401k matching, BRAVO rewards)
- Career advancement (The More you Learn the more you Earn)
- Tuition Reimbursement (We invest in your development)
- Work/life balance
- This position works as part of a 3-person operating crew to meet quality and production goals.
- This position starts at $21.29 hourly, with a $0.50 shift differential premium on 2nd and 3rd shifts.
- Career advancement opportunities exist in all areas of the facility, including administrative roles.
- This is a 2nd shift position, hours are from 4:00PM - 12:00AM, MON-FRI.
- Following all safety procedures and rules.
- Safely and effectively operating the rewind section of a machine, including mounting and removing rolls with an overhead hoist.
- Visually monitoring the sheet for visual defects during operation, and effectively communicating findings to the Operator.
- Assisting with machine changeovers and set-ups.
- Assisting with taking quality samples from finished rolls.
- Maintaining housekeeping of the equipment and surrounding area.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Ability to work a weekly rotating shift schedule.
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing setting preferred.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations related to production.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and procedures.
- Ability to perform all physical requirements of the position.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other employees on the same crew, incoming and outgoing crews, and the management team.
- Prior warehouse or manufacturing experience preferred
- Three to six months related work experience preferred
- Safety shoes (steel toe or composite toe)
- Safety Glasses
- Bump Caps
- Protective Gloves; when performing certain tasks
- Hearing Protection; when required
- Other personal protective equipment as required for certain tasks
- Air Temperatures can range from cold to hot
- Atmosphere may contain dust, fumes and odors
- May include mechanical, electrical, chemical hazards
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Mativ is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at Mativ, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]