We’re SWM. We’re Essential.
At SWM, we’ll never be okay with status quo. We are committed to raising standards, providing growth opportunities to our employees and giving our customers the answers, the value, and the edge they need to compete and win.
Ready for a New Challenge?
Are you a highly motivated, customer focused professional looking for a fast-paced and challenging work environment? If so, our organization, a leading distributor, converter, and coater of plastic films and adhesives, has an opening for an Administrative Assistant to join our team.
The Administrative Assistant delivers the efficient day-to-day clerical operations of the office, and supports the work of management and other staff by providing a full range of responsible and highly skilled administrative and office support activities, implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, creating and monitoring administrative projects through to completion, and managing the sample room.
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to management and other staff. Handle confidential data and use discretion when examining and preparing reports.
- Manage the customer service work flow by monitoring the department email account and assigning tasks to the appropriate reps.
- Oversee the sample room and ensure daily fulfillment of requests from sales and customer service for samples, technical data sheets, and stock lists. Manage the process and look for ways to improve
- Run weekly, monthly, and quarterly corporate sales, quota, and financial reports and use Excel to manipulate data, create pivot tables, graphs, charts, etc.
- Collaborate with the marketing team and assist with trade show coordination, sourcing corporate give away’s, and managing the relationship with vendors.
- Use software to provide data entry, online research, create spreadsheets and presentations, and prepare reports, memos, and documents. Ensure the accuracy of the organization's databases.
- Materials and information are organized, prepared, distributed and filed to help establish and maintain an effective and timely communication and information system within and outside the department.
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff, providing information by answering questions and requests. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Sort incoming mail and courier deliveries for distribution. Prepare and send outgoing mail and courier parcels. Forward incoming general e-mails and information to the appropriate staff members.
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available.
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of the Company’s policies and procedures and ability to exercise independent judgment to ensure they are applied equitably and consistently. Make recommendations concerning improvements in department practices and procedures.
- Work independently with guidance on matters of an exceptional or unusual nature, and maintain confidentiality of selected information at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school degree or GED required.
- 2 year Associate’s Degree and / or business school certification preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of office experience including a high level of clerical/administrative skills and several years’ experience supporting management is typically required, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office and Outlook and able command of internet research.
- Strong organizational skills and consistent attention to detail, with thorough knowledge of current office practices and procedures.
- Proficient in using office equipment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High energy, initiative and personal integrity.
- Must be positive team player, very professional, self-starting, solutions-oriented, and customer focused.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]