Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift
At SWM, Essential isn’t just what we make. It’s what we do.
Every day, our papers, films, nets and nonwovens are used in the medical, filtration, transportation and a variety of other markets globally. While we may be a global powerhouse, we are still a “human-sized” enterprise, dedicated to offering rewarding opportunities with room to grow for all of our employees. You can learn more about us at www.swmintl.com
In this role, you will contribute your individual skills and talents to help advance the team to meet their full potential. To continue growing your skillset and career, training will be available to you along with the opportunity to utilize what you’ve learned through various assignments.
Responsible for the safe and effective maintenance of plant machinery and equipment in accordance to the requirements of the production schedule. Responsible for the preventive maintenance and installation of equipment, including high-voltage electrical maintenance.
What you will do:
- Performs Preventive Maintenance tasks;
- Complete required preventive maintenance in a timely manner.
- Communicate any problems or concerns that arise within the scope of completing PM’s of equipment to the appropriate individual for further action.
- Installation and removal of equipment
- Complete tasks involved in the installation and/or removal of equipment in an effective and timely manner.
- Diagnoses and repairs equipment:
- Responds with a sense of urgency to problems within the plant
- Communicates needs or concerns of equipment breakdowns in the timely manner.
- Rebuild equipment and assemblies as needed.
- Modifies existing equipment as needed.
- Communicate to leadership any issues that arise through the functions of maintenance technician using the lock out tag out process as needed
- Properly utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Complies with all OSHA/Company safety requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent with 3-5 years electrical and mechanical experience (preference given to experience in manufacturing environment)
- Electrical certification preferred (high voltage)
- Ability to recognize electrical symbols and read electrical schematics
- Ability to use multimeter and clamp on ammeters for function and accuracy
- Mechanical AND Electrical equipment experience with ability to recognize and correct any system
- Basic knowledge of DC/AC motors and controls
- Knowledge of basic machine mechanics
- Knowledge of 3 phase power and circuits
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Read and comprehend English
- Familiarity with VFD (Variable Frequency Drives)
- Familiarity with PLC’s and basic trouble shooting
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E Safety Requirements ARC Flash
We offer great BENEFITS and PERKS to help jump start your career:
Paid Time Off
Quarterly Incentive Plan
Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
Competitive biweekly pay with the opportunity to advance
Retirement Plan with company match options
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position. All candidates must be legally eligible to work in the United States permanently.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]