Regional Sales Manager
At SWM, we are focused on helping our customers succeed- it’s our mission and our passion.
We are proud to serve customers who make a world of difference in the markets they operate in and the products they improve. Every day, our papers, films, and nets & nonwovens are used in a diverse range of applications and industries around the world.
We are problem solvers, innovators, and manufacturing experts.
Our employees share a passion for our products, customers, and the success of our organization. We generate the ideas, create the innovative solutions, manufacture the products and deliver the services that have SWM a global leader for decades.
Currently we have a need for a Regional Sales Manager based out of our Minneapolis, MN location.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Effectively lead and direct Sales efforts for SWM products and services in a regional footprint to ensure product sales and maximum contribution to volume and profit objectives. Act as the voice of the market/or the customer in an assigned region, market segment or group of customers.
- Deliver sales, volume and gross margin in the budget.
- Determine and approve appropriate pricing proposals based on market and customer insights.
- Consolidate and provide rolling monthly forecast for his/her area of responsibility. Insure customer/market insights and feedback are provided during the S&OP process to ensure forecast accuracy and adequate volume planning and good understanding of risks and opportunities in demand.
- Manage sales staff and build strong relationships with key customers.
- Ensure customer requirements related to perceived product values are understood and assist in the translation of this information into advantaged product and marketing strategies.
- Provide effective supervision and support for sales efforts.
- Ensure development, follow-up on the implementation of, and adherence to product specifications for total product quality for the assigned products.
- Maintain effective communication with the principal and all internal and external support personnel to ensure commitment to attaining the assigned business volume and financial objectives.
- Maintain contact and promote SWM visibility with vendors, customers and other industry contacts.
- Lend support in the investigation, evaluation, and resolution of customer complaints.
- Initiate, execute and manage programs that complement approved strategies.
- Locate and analyze new products and markets that fit within SWM strategies for growth of volume and profit.
- Support business development and new product development teams in the development of new markets and new products and/or in the collection of market information, customer feedback on product trials; as assigned.
- Support development of deep relationships with strategic levels of customer management, primarily in the areas of central purchasing, manufacturing, planning, quality and research & development in order to have an intimate view of the customer’s position and strategic objectives.
- Develop in association with the sales team and VP, account strategies, price policy & resource level to achieve regional and customer objectives.
- Engage with VP in the development of the 5 year plan (financial sales objectives, required resources, etc.).
- Approve negotiated contracts with customers to the benefit of SWM while responding to customer expectations and requirements.
- Additional duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Business or a related field, or equivalent work experience; however, Master’s degree is preferred. Minimum of 8 years of sales experience in a similar or related business and knowledgeable in the areas of product/process development, finance, operations and logistics. A record of marketing/sales oriented accomplishments; experience in leading projects and providing effective work direction to others; and new product development experience.
- Sales Leadership
- Maintains a high standard of professional performance, concern for business needs, and consideration of people.
- Technical product knowledge and an understanding of the organization’s asset capability
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of industry trends
- Analytical skills and business acumen
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]