Product Manager, Protective Solutions
Position Title: Product Manager, Protective Solutions
location: Alpharetta, GA
Mativ is the newly created company through the combination of SWM and Neenah. This is an exciting opportunity for both companies to come together and create a global leader in specialty materials and solutions with approximately $3B in sales generated through our complementary products, innovation capabilities, customers, and attractive end-markets. Together, there is potential to create significant value for our customers, shareholders, and, most importantly, our employees. Mativ is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia. The Company offers a wide range of critical components and engineered solutions to solve our customers’ most complex challenges. With over 7,500 employees worldwide, we manufacture on four continents and generate sales in more than 100 countries. We offer a wide range of premium applications across diversified and growing end markets, from filtration to healthcare to sustainable packaging. Our broad portfolio of technologies combines polymers, fibers, and resins to optimize the performance of our customers’ products across multiple stages of the value chain. Our leading positions are a testament to our best-in-class global manufacturing, supply chain, and materials science capabilities. We drive innovation and enhance performance, finding potential in the impossible.
The Product Manager creates and maximizes profit over the lifecycle of Mativ’s Protective Solutions products. This individual serves as the expert for assigned product lines and is the primary point of contact for all product related matters. Utilizing industry best practices, the Product manager supports the growth and profitability of the business.
Margins and Pricing:
- Develops and implements product portfolio strategies and tactics to maximize revenue and profitability.
- Partners with Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain, and Finance teams to track current cost information; develops ongoing cost improvement initiatives.
- Sets global pricing guidelines utilizing the PROS pricing optimization & guidance
- Generates price quotes for the sales team utilizing pricing guidelines; defines and implements pricing authorization
- Oversees pricing analytics for assigned product segments; conducts analyses to find opportunities to maximize profit via price
- Serves as a key participant in the Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process for assigned segments. Establishes global consistency in the manufacturing and distribution of the product portfolio
- Provides routine product forecasting input to S&OP, including manufacturing trials and launches of new products or product line
- Leads product rationalization
- Develops customer/product allocation plans by region and customer when warranted by supply-demand
- Develops business case analysis for capacity
Product Quality & Technical:
- Serves as a technical expert for the assigned product portfolios.
- Provides product technical information to the field sales team
- Works with the Quality Group to develop and maintain manufacturing and customer-specific product specifications.
- Coordinates with internal stakeholders to get resolve customer quality complaints or product issues in a timely manner
- Leads the customer qualification process as a result of raw material or manufacturing
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a technical field such as Mechanical, Chemical, or Materials Engineering
- 5+ years experience in engineering, product management, sales, and/or marketing.
- Minimum 2 years experience in product management.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office and database skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25%, both domestically and internationally.
- Must be able to partner effectively with key stakeholders in the organization, including sales, operations, quality, supply chain and engineering teams
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Knowledge of thermoplastics
- Superior communications and influencing skills.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize technical and business information and make appropriate recommendations.
- Proven experience translating technical information into clear, concise material.
- Strong financial analyses capabilities.
- Negotiating and conflict management skills.
- Follows all Mativ established methods, policies, rules, and practices.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or other protected status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. SWM International is committed to help individuals with disabilities participate in the workforce, and ensure equal opportunity to compete for jobs. If you require an accommodation to submit a resume for positions at SWM, please email our Talent Acquisition Team at [email protected]