Resolver operates as a hybrid workforce with the option to work at home, in the office, or a mix of both.
As the Legal Counsel at Resolver, you'll support Director, Legal to cover the day-to-day legal needs of a B2B SaaS company. You'll work closely with our passionate, driven sales team on complex negotiations to close deals. You'll also collaborate across multiple departments to administer and reinforce privacy and cybersecurity best practices.
Resolver is a high-growth SaaS company whose intuitive, no-code platform gives our customers a clear picture of their risks so they can make quick and effective decisions. As a part of the Resolver team, your work will help transform risk management to risk intelligence so organizations can protect people and assets and deliver on their purpose.
We are ambitious in both our mission and our culture. As a business within Kroll, we offer an innovative, non-hierarchical work environment blended with the stability and financial security of an enterprise. Resolver has also been named one of Canada’s Great Places to Work six years in a row!
Your day to day - let's break it down!
Commercial Law (80%)
Measures of success: velocity of sales contracting; balancing risk vs. reward; being a trusted advisor and partner for internal stakeholders
- Issue Spotting & Document Review: review legal documents and identify issues related to NDAs, LOIs/MOUs, Master Services Agreements, SOWs, “software as a service” agreements in an international context.
- Drafting: draft legal documentation based on instructions from the business
- Negotiation: independently negotiate a variety of legal documents.
- Legal Administration: high attention to detail as one of the few gatekeepers of legal documentation.
- Legal Operations: assist in building and streamlining legal processes
Measures of Success: Policies are updated on a scheduled cadence and as required. Filings and other compliance obligations are completed on time.
- Privacy: keeping up to date on privacy issues and support Director of Legal in administering Resolver’s privacy and data security program
- Compliance: Assist Director of Legal with developing, administering, and maintaining compliance filings, policies, and procedures
People Who Excel:
- University/ Accredited Law School education
- 3-6+ years relevant experience
- Experience working in a B2B environment
- Experience in IT/Software environment highly preferred
- You're a people person! You'll collaborate with Sales and Customers during contracting
- Previous exposure to privacy: you understand how it impacts commercial contracting, particularly with parties that have global operations
What we’ll give you in return:
Resolver is one of Canada's Great Workplaces. Culture isn't just something we write about (although we do), we live our values and challenge each other to be our best selves. We invest in Resolverites who will grow with us. Here’s how we do it:
- Health and Wellness Benefits: 100% paid by us for health and dental from day one. And our vision care is every 12 months! We also offer a wellness/fitness reimbursement, that can go towards things like gym memberships, yoga classes, soccer membership fees or a bike.
- Professional development: we have an external learning budget to help you grow and develop. We host a learning workshop about every 6 weeks on topics like Time Management, Self-Awareness and Giving Feedback; we also have e-learning to meet the needs of our remote team. We offer a Career Development Program to help you identify and build your skillsets for internal growth opportunities and beyond. We also have a Coaching Program for all our managers. We know how important it is to have a good boss, so we invest in their development.
- Vacation: it's open, which means we don't worry about an accrual clock. On average, we see most folks enjoying between 3-4 weeks off a year.
- Parental leave: Best-in-class top-up for new parents - 100% for 15 weeks new parents and 5 additional weeks of pregnancy leave for birth mothers.
- Flexibility & trust – While we are remote for now, we enable our team to create a work environment that will set them up for success. We hire adults and we trust you to manage your outcomes. Day-to-day, everyone is given the option to decide whether they want to work remote or in-office depending on the needs of their role.
- Back in the Office – If you choose to come into the office once we’re back, you will have access to snacks and beverages and in-office games like Switch, chess and ping-pong. We will be offering up lots of opportunity for team socials too, including the folks who are remote!
I’m Jennifer, Director, Legal at Resolver. I manage and mitigate legal risks for Resolver, oversee compliance, structure and implement legal operations, and help keep the sales gong ringing!
We are looking for legal counsel to assist with commercial contracting and to help cover Resolver’s day to day legal needs. You will work closely with our excellent sales team and join our VP of Sales, Sales Managers, and AEs on calls to negotiate sales agreements. You must love the thrill of closing deals and employ a solutions-based approach to negotiation. It always helps if you can disarm counsel and procurement/business teams by breaking down legal positions or technical jargon into relatable and easy to understand explanations.
Ideally, you’re interested in new developments in data privacy and cyber security, and you like thinking through the legal implications of new software features that use machine learning. You’ll have many opportunities to work with our infosec, product, and support teams on new initiatives and to reinforce our privacy stance.
I'd love to hear from you if the above sounds like you or sounds appealing to you!
If you want to work in a highly collaborative environment and are committed to making a difference, we’d like to meet you. Click here to get the process rolling.
We truly appreciate all interest and will happily reply to qualified candidates.
Resolver is committed to providing accommodations for all persons with disabilities. If at any point in the recruitment process you require accommodation, please notify the applicable recruiter or contact us directly at [email protected]