Senior Software Engineer, Technical Lead (React.js, Node.js, PostgreSQL, AWS)
We’re building a large scalable SaaS platform, using the latest technology, including React.js, Node.js, Go, PostgreSQL and AWS. It’s all in the cloud with an ever-growing microservices architecture.
As a full-stack Software Engineer, Technical Lead with Resolver, you will be responsible for designing and building software applications that enable innovative, data-driven, customer-centric digital experiences for Resolver customers. You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team that helps each other solve problems across all functions.
You'll also help build and grow a small Development team. You’ll coach them along the entire development process, building new features while also taking an active role in their professional development.
- Develop new user-facing features, from the database all the way up to the browser
- Peer-review code, providing succinct and relevant feedback
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Fix bugs in new and existing code
- Build reusable and fully tested (unit tests—we love mocha!) code
- Create and maintain documentation that helps others understand what the software does, how it does it, and how to use it.
- Provide mentorship, guidance, and regular one-on-one coaching
- Conduct code reviews, providing succinct and relevant feedback
Our Current Projects:
- Audit Trail Event Tracking with context isolation using Worker Threads in Node 12
- Rich Mapping solution to visualize data with an interactive map, styled with custom markers and polygons
- Advanced reporting with Point in Time using historical Data
- Working with Lambda Architecture to provide concurrency, availability and scalability
- Data Export engines to PDF, Word, Excel for reporting. This includes charts, tables etc. using SVG and other visualization technologies
- Permissions, Security Models to ensure privacy and access control. This includes API, Internal Services Communication, Database level access and Permissions Computation within complex hierarchical data structures
- Improvements to UI and UX using React/Redux to render/modify large data sets with real-time data synchronization using sockets, polling and state management
- Continuing Technical Initiatives to improve application performance, code quality, developers quality of life and overall velocity
- Application Health Monitoring and mitigation strategies
- 5+ years in development (including react.js and node.js)
- Experience with AWS web application architecture
- A passion for creating beautiful testable code
- A distaste for spaghetti code
- Security of your code is always top of mind
About Us: Resolver
Over 1,000 of the world’s largest organizations depend on Resolver’s cloud software product to protect their employees, customers, supply chain, brand and shareholders. We offer a Silicon Valley approach with the stability of a multi-national company.
- Team: we have smart, talented and curious people you'll work with and learn from. As a Product company, you'll be hands-on with our global teams and top-tier leadership in Canada, the US, UK and New Zealand.
- Professional development: we have an external learning budget to help you grow and develop. We also have great online learning and workshops internally for you to tap in to.
- Impact: we solve complex challenges for some of the world's most recognized organizations. Our customers use our software to help reduce the frequency and severity of negative events to protect people, product and organizational success. What we do matters.
- Vacation: It’s important for you to have time off to re-charge your battery and be with your family and friends. Paid time and sick/casual accrual are 15 days and 12 days per year respectively.
- Parental leave: we support new Mothers with 100% top-up Maternity leave is up to 26 weeks and new Fathers receive 10 days of Welcome Leave.
- Great benefits: 100% paid by us for health, accident and life, medical privileges include dental and outpatient too. We also offer a wellness/fitness reimbursement, that can go towards things like gym memberships, yoga classes, soccer membership fees or a cycle.
- Office perks: our environment is flexible, with great snacks and chai. We love our newly renovated office and table tennis. We do socials and events for people to come together.
- See us here and follow us on Instagram!
Are you ready to make an impact?