Automation Test Engineer
The Quality Engineer is responsible for understanding every step of the testing process and to inform team members about what resources will be required to assure quality management.
- Maintain and modify the test environment and configuration as needed.
- Author and execute test cases, using defined methodologies for manual and/or automated tests
- Develop test cases and prioritize testing activities
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure resolution of problems
- Review and approve incoming defect reports from other departments
- Creation and review of test designs, test processes, test cases, and test data
- Design scenarios for usability testing and modify environment accordingly
- Recreating software bugs and recovers the testing environment when needed
Programming & Automation (50%)
- Maintains good understanding of what does and does not need to get tested and can prioritize accordingly
- Participates in automation framework enhancement
- Participate in test script automation
- Continues to improve knowledge of various automation tools and scripting languages.
- Degree or diploma in a computer-related field
- 2+ years of experience in a QA and/or Automation Role
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, and documentation skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to collaborate with our product and development teams
- Excellent time management skills and ability to meet demanding timelines
- The ability to effectively handle multiple, concurrent assignments and activities
- Demonstrated ability to work well with multiple teams in a cross-functional environment
- Follows standard test practices under the direction of senior members of the team
- Knowledge of one mainstream language.
- Familiarity with scripting language.
- Familiarity with Git and Jira or similar revision and issue management tools.
- Basic knowledge of at least one automation toll and scripting language.
- Knowledge of database schema and scripting, PostgreSQL, SQL Queries.
- Knowledge of web server configuration
About Us: Resolver
Over 1,000 of the world’s largest organizations depend on Resolver’s cloud software product to protect their employees, customers, supply chain, brand and shareholders. We offer a Silicon Valley approach with the stability of a multi-national company.
- Team: we have smart, talented and curious people you'll work with and learn from. As a Product company, you'll be hands-on with our global teams and top-tier leadership in Canada, the US, UK and New Zealand.
- Professional development: we have an external learning budget to help you grow and develop. We also have great online learning and workshops internally for you to tap in to.
- Impact: we solve complex challenges for some of the world's most recognized organizations. Our customers use our software to help reduce the frequency and severity of negative events to protect people, product and organizational success. What we do matters.
- Vacation & Flexible Time: you’ll get 15 days of paid vacation + bank holidays each year and we have flexible time.
- Parental leave: we support new Mothers with 100% top-up and new Fathers receive 3 weeks of Welcome Leave.
- Great benefits: 100% paid by us for health and dental. We also offer a wellness/fitness reimbursement, that can go towards things like gym memberships, yoga classes, soccer membership fees or a bike.
- Office perks: our environment is flexible, with great snacks and chai. We love our newly renovated office and table tennis. We do socials and events for people to come together.
- See more about us here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SauuLddcc3M&feature=youtu.be
Are you ready to make an impact?