Director of Accounting, Corporate and Americas
The Director of Accounting, Corporate and Americas will be responsible for managing the month-end close process and timely reporting of results to internal and external stakeholders on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Provide customer service to internal and external stakeholders. Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements. Lead and foster a team culture where cross-training is required and team members periodically rotate to new areas of responsibility without sacrificing quality or deadlines.
If you are looking for a fast paced environment with lots of opportunity for personal and career growth then this is the ideal place for you!
- Lead the completion of the month-end close activities, including but not limited to the completion and review of journal entries, reconciliations, and reporting
- Manage the preparation and review of timely and complete monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and account analyses, including holding monthly team account reconciliation presentations to senior management
- Responsible for fixed assets accounting system and fixed asset activity
- Responsible for payroll accounting and cash accounting, including bank administration and other cash reporting as needed by Corporate Treasury
- Maintain, improve, and create efficient processes within the accounting team and produce and maintain internal controls documentation on par with a public company
- Prepare various data for footnotes and other sections within the annual financial statements
- Lead the accounting team in managing its deliverables related to the annual external audit
- Work closely with the Strategy team, outside valuation firms, and other areas of business on all acquisition accounting activity, integrating acquired companies financials
- Research and apply GAAP pronouncements as circumstances arise
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced degree in Business and Finance/Accounting.
- 5-10 years of financial leadership experience of increasing responsibility in dynamic, global business operating environments.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, both written and verbal, demonstrable ability to influence others at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work efficiently under tight timelines and achieve results, while maintaining high quality.
- Excellent analytical, teamwork, customer service and leadership skillsExcellent analytical, teamwork, customer service and leadership skills.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.