Director of Accounting, Corporate and Americas
The Director of Accounting, Corporate and Americas will be responsible for managing the month-end close process and timely reporting of results to internal and external stakeholders on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Provide customer service to internal and external stakeholders. Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements. Lead and foster a team culture where cross-training is required and team members periodically rotate to new areas of responsibility without sacrificing quality or deadlines.
If you are looking for a fast paced environment with lots of opportunity for personal and career growth then this is the ideal place for you!
- Lead month-end close activities, including multi-currency consolidation, completion and review of journal entries, reconciliations, and reporting
- Manage preparation and review of timely and complete monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and account analyses.
- Management of fixed assets accounting system
- Management of payroll accounting
- Management of cash accounting, including bank administration.
- Internal controls documentation and compliance
- Prepare footnote data and other information for the annual financial statements
- Management of external audits
- Management of acquisition accounting activity and integration of acquired companies
- Manage disbursement function including accounts payable, p-cards, and expense reimbursement.
- Responsible for accounting team of eight in Mexico
- Manage accounting team of five in Glenview, IL
- Manage accounting for manufacturing operations in Wood Dale, IL
- Manage annual impairment testing
- Direct annual insurance renewal
- Provide accounting support for External Reporting, FP&A, Treasury, and Tax.
- Liaise with EMEA and APAC accounting teams
- Ensure compliance with policies, internal controls, GAAP standards and statutory requirement
- Interpretation and implementation of accounting pronouncements
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Advanced degree in Accounting, CPA Preferred
- Public accounting experience a plus.
- Management experience in multi-currency international business environment
- Complex consolidation experience
- Purchase Accounting and acquisition integration.
- Annual impairment testing and stock based compensation experience
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in fast paced collaborative environment and manage ambiguity and complexity
- Excellent analytical, teamwork, customer service and leadership skills
- Private Equity experience a plus
- Spanish a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Products
- Systems implementation experience a plus
- Experience working with ERP systems
- Netsuite experience a plus.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.