Thread Roller Operator - 2nd shift
Thread Roller Set Up Operator - 2nd shift
Wood Dale, IL
Optimas Solutions is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
Our Values are the THREAD that connects us as one team to ensure that we are accountable for our contributions to the success of our company and customers:
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com
Thread roller operators will have the opportunity to be part of a team responsible for running rolling machines and producing threaded fasteners for the heavy truck, automotive, and many other markets, working for an industry leading global distributor and manufacturer of fasteners and other components.
- Read and understand blueprints.
- Review and validate blanks, incoming materials and tools
- Set up, troubleshoot, and operate thread rolling machines.
- Use of machine controls, SPC, and process monitoring systems.
- Use basic measuring instruments such as micrometers, calipers, thread ring gages and other gages to check dimensional and attribute characteristics of threaded parts
- Maintain quality records and other necessary forms and documentation.
- Follow instructions and directions from supervisors, team leaders.
- Good housekeeping of equipment, work area, and other assigned areas
- Perform daily and weekly machine maintenance to keep equipment in optimal working condition.
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- Results driven
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Working as part of a team
- Problem solving
- Basic ability to use computer programs
Skills and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 3+ years relevant experience required – thread rolling.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for 8-10 hours /day.
At Optimas we believe in having a competitive compensation scheme to motivate and retain our employees. More information will be given throughout the process.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training