Continuous Improvement Manager - North America
We’re looking for an accomplished, highly-driven Continuous Improvement Manager, who will be responsible for business process improvement across all business units in North America.
Continuous Improvement and related value stream activities targeting simplification will be the initial areas of optimization concentration for the Continuous Improvement Manager. The successful candidate must be a transformative leader and able to influence and manage at all levels, from the “executive suite to the production floor” and all layers in between. The candidate must be comfortable understanding and applying business strategy across the organization, influencing senior leaders, and coaching at all levels. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of management and organizational principles and self-motivation are essential.
This exciting position will ideally be based in Glenview, IL, Headquarters or Wooddale, IL, Manufacturing Facility; and reports to the Vice President of Global Continuous Improvement, becoming a critical member of the Optimas Team.
If you are looking for a fast paced environment with lots of opportunity for personal and career growth then this is the ideal place for you!
The Continuous Improvement Manager will be responsible for:
- Understand, develop and apply strategies to optimize processes and drive standardization across Optimas North America.
- Oversee and collaborate on the development, preparation, and presentation of productivity investment cases to ensure objectives, risks, benefits and approach are clearly articulated and embraced and regional and global levels.
- Assess, design and implement improvements using advanced methodologies, technologies and advanced analytics
- Align common practices and technology that should be used across business units, functions and regions to create standardization and scale.
- Perform assessments utilizing analytical skills to understand internal client environments and associated optimization opportunities using a structured framework to enable opportunities to be qualified quickly and accurately.
- Leverage Operational Excellence/Industrial Engineering tools such as Lean Six Sigma to enhance value stream activities.
- Support efforts to align to global standards for data management technology and processes that will allow Optimas to leverage our scale by driving consistent practices and avoiding wasted cost/effort.
- Develop and deploy internal controls and organizational metrics dashboards.
- Other duties and task as assigned.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A. / B.S. in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Master’s Degree Preferred (MBA, Industrial Engineer or equivalent)
- Six Sigma certification from reputable program
- Minimum 3 years as a full-time Lean Six-Sigma practitioner with hands-on Lean expertise or equivalent operational excellence/industrial engineering methodologies.
- Experience in Manufacturing or Distribution Operations, Service industry and/or transactional back-office functions, e.g.
- Proven success in partnering with global leaders and operations in driving business performance gains.
- Competent Kaizen Facilitator. Experience and comfort with leading and coaching 3-5 day Kaizen change events to include but not limited to: 5S, Waste Reduction, Value Stream Mapping, Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED), Quick Changeover, Process Redesign, Process Mapping, Total Productive Maintenance, Design of Experiments, etc.
- Competent Coach and Trainer. Capable of training team members on Lean and Six Sigma fundamentals in a Global Environment, evaluating Green Belt project deliverables, and ensuring business impact achieved.
- Strong leadership with capacity to balance empathy with determination, staunchly defending a strategic direction while considering the position of others.
- Participated in and/or led at least 10 projects with quantifiable business impact
- Demonstrated mastery of Transactional Lean and Six Sigma tools or related operational excellence/industrial engineering methodologies
- Development of metrics and dashboard concepts
- Applied knowledge of modern technologies to automate transactional processes
- Business financial assessment and related business case development
- Advanced PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g., pivot tables, charting), SigmaXL and other statistical software knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills- Written and Verbal (English)
- Ability to speak another language fluently viewed very favorably.
- Willingness / Ability to travel 30-50%.
- Key Interfaces:
- Executive-level stakeholder engagement, explicit endorsement of recommended actions: Business Unit P&L leaders, Functional executives
- Collaboration and agreement on approach and recommended actions.
- Required Critical Behaviors:
- Delivers excellent results aligned with strategic objectives that are measurable and sustainable.
- Good leadership attitude – positive and motivational during periods of uncertainty.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – authentic, honest.
- Good judgment; strong sense of discretion and confidentiality – builds and maintains trust.
- Creative approach to problem solving – collaboratively works through challenges.
- Ability to work across a variety of cultures – adaptable, respectful of differences.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.