Global Manager, Strategic Sourcing
The Global Manager, Strategic Sourcing role sits at the core of our global sourcing and category management teams. In this role, you will be actively involved in the development of global sourcing and supplier strategies, and managing large-scale projects and negotiations simultaneously. Balancing strategy development with the tactical execution necessary to execute cost reduction projects through contract negotiation, process changes, and implementation of sustainable cost controls is essential in this role. You must have strong procurement and analytical experience combined with the vision to create short-, mid-, and long-term sourcing solutions.
A candidate for this position must be a creative problem-solver who thrives in a dynamic environment and uses change management to guide and coach others to execute with speed and purpose.
If you are looking for a fast paced environment with lots of opportunity for personal and career growth then this is the ideal place for you!
• Project Management – Lead sourcing projects and initiatives by working closely with key stakeholders. Identify stakeholder expectations and ensure that the sourcing project objectives, scope, and deliverables meet stakeholder expectations and that projects are delivered on-time and on-budget.
• Communication Skills – Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills are a must. Ability to present to senior management, build relationships and become an influencer in major strategic decisions are critical to this position.
• Negotiations – Strong negotiations skills are essential in this role. Ability to negotiate complex global contracts is a must for this role.
• Information Resource – Must provide stakeholders with relevant and timely market trends and analyses such as commodity and currency trends.
• Technical Skills – A thorough understanding of manufacturing practices and the ability to understand product specifications and features are essential to success in this position.
• Analytical Skills – Enjoy gathering and digging deeply into data to identify issues and creative, effective solutions.
• Create and implement major material price movement strategy methodology including hedging, forward buying, and cost protection.
• Create and establish external benchmark analysis including gap analysis and required actions to achieve functional competitive advantage.
• Design and implement strategies to rationalize the supplier base and maximize the value of spend.
• Partner with Quality to drive continuous improvement.
• Implement programs to drive total cost of acquisition improvement activities to enhance margin and improve service levels.
• Foreign Travel will be required.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
• Strategic Vision.
• Results driven.
• Embrace change.
• Collaboration and Influence.
• Entrepreneurial spirit.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Demonstrated project management experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a strategic sourcing role within a related industry.
• Global experience leading cross-functional or geographically dispersed teams preferred
• Sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of simultaneous projects.
• Solid analytical skills to understand market dynamics and business requirements.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, to convey ideas and processes.
• Drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results.
• Ability to complete work assignments accurately and quickly; ability to manage more than one initiative at once.
• Ability to perform analysis and interpret data into actionable steps.
• Ability to build strong relationships, both internally and externally
• Focused on results – willingness to do what it takes to get the job done right
• Strong work ethic – self-starter able to demonstrate strong proactive approach and self-initiative; persistent and tenacious; excessive level of commitment and dedication to meet aggressive deadlines with high-quality results.
• Demonstrated flexibility and open-mindedness around change; positive, can-do attitude
• Strong business acumen – strong financial, strategic, operational and leadership skills. Ability to understand business models and key drivers quickly.
• Ability to see the “big picture” and use quantitative and qualitative data to create strategies that move Optimas forward.
• Multi lingual skills would be advantageous
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and prior experience utilizing Business Intelligence tools is a plus.
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.