Customer Application Engineer (Manufacturing/Supply Chain)
We are looking for a highly driven Customer Application Engineer to provide consultation and technical direction to engineering team and projects with a substantial business impact.
The role is to provide flexible Engineering support including VA/VE, BOM validation, Line Trials and Launch Support. You will be required to manage multiple projects at once, working with not only the Engineering Team, but also the Purchase, Quality, New Part Introduction and Operations teams in both Optimas and the Customer.
The position will be based in Columbus, IN and will report to the Engineering Director based in the United States.
The Customer Application Engineer will be responsible of the following:
- Advice to customer on new fasteners required for new design projects.
- Rationalize part profiles to utilize the minimum number of part numbers, standardizing as much as possible.
- Generate Engineering based VA/VE proposals to achieve target savings
- Logistical support on vehicle launches.
- Complete Line Trials in accordance with the plan.
- Promote open communications and maintain an effective working relationship with the customer and internal team.
- Lead technical reviews of engineering products.
- Ad-hoc requests.
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BA/BS in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related Engineering degree.
- 5+ years of relevant working experience.
- Strong Engineering background minimum HNC or equivalent
- Knowledge of automotive vehicles
- Knowledge fasteners, materials & finishes
- Analytical skills & Good problem solving skills
- Process orientation – the necessity to maintain good records and demonstrate value mean that a process lead method of operating is important
- Customer Service with a “Can Do” attitude
- Results focused and assertiveness
- Excellent communication skills - Written and verbal
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel & Word
- Customer Concern Management
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.