Director of Finance, Global Operations
The Director of Finance, Global Operations will lead key business partnership and financial decision support to global Operations Leadership Team in executing strategic and tactical financial objectives and commitments. This includes developing and reporting financial performance data and KPI’s to hold various global operations accountable in executing on operating commitments and strategic initiatives. This position will develop the necessary financial representations to evaluate the impact of operations action plans including but not limited to make vs. buy evaluations, vendor consolidation activities, and assortment expansion through strategic sourcing. The position will also coordinate, schedule, execute, and direct the activities and analyses of global sourcing and manufacturing teams to deliver annual financial plans and overall financial, strategic and operational objectives.
- Establish operations metrics to understanding both current and historical performance and associated financial representations and related KPIs within Global Sourcing and Manufacturing to support Earnings, Productivity, Sales, GP, Inventory Trends, Working Capital efficiency, and other integral operating metrics
- Modeling of Make or Buy Decision-Making
- Ownership of Financial Reporting for board-level discussions for all aspects of Global Sourcing & Manufacturing
- Support Cost Deflation/Inflation reporting using large amounts of data, and modeling this data in such a way to drive actions from the Global Category Management Teams.
- Bringing to life financial reports and issues to non-finance staff to enable them to understand how their actions can impact on business performance
- Mentoring and developing junior members of staff
- Ad-hoc reporting to Global Senior Leadership team
- FP&A co-ordination for Manufacturing business units
- Lead appropriate teams and execution timelines in close coordination with EMEA, APAC, and NA finance in the execution and delivery of global plans, forecasts, long range strategic plans and subsequently measuring execution to commitments tied to Global Sourcing and the Manufacturing Functions
- Lead the coordination, approval and evaluation of investment analysis of global facility footprint, including investment in inventory, new programs, and LT strategic initiatives
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision
- Building organizational capacity
- Results driven
- Embrace change
- Collaboration and Influence
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Customer value and Market focus
Experience and Success Criteria:
- Advanced degree in Business and Finance/Accounting
- 5-10 Years of Financial leadership experience of increasing responsibility in dynamic, global business operating environments
- Exceptionally strong communication skills, both written and verbal, demonstrable ability to influence others at all levels of an organization. Able to challenge conventions in a constructive way
- Detail-oriented and comfortable managing large and cumbersome datasets
- Ability to work efficiently under tight timelines and achieve results, while maintaining high quality
- Excellent analytical, teamwork, customer service and leadership skills
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.