Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
Optimas is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Warehouse Operative to join the team in Gloucester. You must be flexible to work different shifts patterns, as required.
This role will report to the Warehouse Manager/Team leader.
Meeting the requirements of the Company’s Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental systems, which is mandatory and ensuring that the company’s policies and procedures are followed at all times.
- Understand, develop and promote the Company’s business objectives and participate with total enthusiasm and commitment to achieve and exceed them.
- Ensure regular status reviews are undertaken with the Line Management and relevant Company personnel.
- Agree with Line Management appropriate measures (Key Performance Indicators) to monitor performance to achieve the Company’s objectives, ensure that they are kept up-to date and displayed prominently.
- Ensure that you fully understand your work requirements and duties and have received the correct supervised training in accordance with the Company’s training requirements to enable you to undertake your duties.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities are defined as:
- Confirm items picked correspond to the items described on the note.
- Pick & pack items to ensure they remain secure and undamaged to their destination.
- Arrange for the issue of certification as detailed on the picking note.
- Ensure that similar size parts from different manufacturers sent out in a single consignment are packed to retain their identity and segregation.
- Load goods for dispatch onto transport within deadlines
- Continually check for damaged labels and request replacements as necessary.
- Cover for envoys as and when required, subject to relevant licenses held.
- Unloading of goods delivered.
- Check that goods advised match goods rec’d, check PO for qty’s and due date.
- Book products onto the system, batch each box as required, pass samples and paperwork to Inspection.
- Put goods away to picking or pallet locations or transfer to boxing or subcontract operations.
- Confirm receipt of any documentation accompanying the delivery e.g. material cert, test cert. etc.
- Repackaging of bulk product into smaller quantities to comply with the companies or customer requirements.
- To fill boxing machine hoppers as necessary (waste management).
- Move boxed goods to designated storage locations.
- Resolve discrepancies noted when picking.
- Advise line manger of potential stock outages.
Key Skills and Competences required:
- Previous experience working within a Warehouse is essential, ideally a distribution centre
- Fork Lift License / Materials Handling Equipment (MHE) training preferred
- Ability to work at height
- Good organisational and time-management skills
- Results focused – aptitude to work with speed and accuracy, attention to detail is important
- A flexible, friendly approach with a team focus and can-do attitude
- Good Communication Skills
- Customer service focus
- Decision Making and problem solving skills
- Manual Handling – regularly lifting up to 20kg
- Willingness to learn and develop skills to be flexible across all warehousing duties
- Flexible approach to work patterns as department operates on three shift pattern (AM/PM).
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Warehouse Operative to join a supportive team working within a friendly and busy environment.
Optimas is strongly committed to creating and preserving equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Optimas makes all employment decisions – including recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, termination, and other personnel matters – based on merit, and without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics or conduct. Optimas’ strong commitment to equal opportunity requires a commitment by each individual employee. Compliance with the letter and spirit of this policy is required of all employees. Violations of this policy should be immediately reported to your Supervisor, Human Resources or the Legal Department.
Page | 1