Customer Application Engineer (Fasteners)
Customer Applications Engineer.
Spitfire Pk, Birmingham, UK
Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
Optimas is currently seeking an experienced Fastener Applications Engineer to provide a single point of Engineering contact for key Customers. You will be expected to travel frequently to customer sites, and will be required to manage multiple projects at once, working with not only the Engineering Team, but also the Purchase, Quality and Operations teams in both Optimas and the Customer.
The Customer Applications Engineer will be responsible for:
- Advice to Engineers on all new fasteners required for new design projects
- To rationalise part profiles to utilise the minimum number of part numbers, standardising as
much as possible
- To generate engineering based proposals to provide savings for Optimas and the customer
- You will be required to maintain and develop a set of key performance indicators that demonstrates Optimas value to key customers, and meets internal Objectives
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong Engineering background
- 3D CAD Modeling (ideally .stp, .igs, eg Solidworks)
- Reasonable knowledge of fasteners, mechanical jointing, materials & coatings/finishes
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent communication / customer management skills
- Good computer skills
- Full UK driving license
- Process orientation – the necessity to maintain good records and demonstrate value mean that a process lead method of operating is important
A flexible approach to all projects and tasks with a conscientious hard-working manner will be
essential to this role.
The position will require travel in the UK and occasionally international travel.
As a key part of the customer facing team at these accounts you are required to present Optimas
OE Solutions to the customer in the most professional manner at all times.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Page | 1