Senior Sales Specialist, NDB
Sr. Sales Specialist - Nutanix Database Solutions (NDB) - Healthcare
Hungry, Honest, Humble, with Heart
This role is Remote
Given the proliferation of Databases with the explosive growth in data, Cloud and digitization, the market opportunity for DBaaS is huge. Gartner is forecasting the database market to reach $125B in 2025. About 70% of this is related to DBaaS – the market we are addressing through our Nutanix Database Service offerings (NDB).
Consequently, for the first time in its 12 year history, Nutanix is building a Specialist Sales organization to complement the core sales team, focused on NDB. Nutanix has a market-leading offering, one of the only true multi-hybrid Cloud DBaaS solutions in the market and we have already signed numerous multi-million $ Enterprise NDB deals across the world.
As an NDB Sales Specialist at Nutanix, you will be a Solution Sales leader within the Nutanix Database Service business unit working in our enterprise sales organization to drive business with our most important customers. You will be supported by our existing NDB Systems Engineers (pre-sales technical team) as well as an extended team of field, channel and consulting resources to help demonstrate and prove our solutions and to achieve/exceed quarterly Nutanix NDB sales and usage/consumption targets in your assigned region. Being part of this team will allow you to maintain and develop your deep DB sales expertise across Nutanix and non-Nutanix technologies.
- To segment the market and ensure appropriate coverage to achieve Nutanix DBaaS market leadership
- To drive pipegen through Marketing, Channel and Field activation tactics in your assigned region
- To be the sales leader in shaping customer decisions to buy and adopt Nutanix NDB, serving as a Solutions Sales Specialist and trusted advisor for end customers, field and Channel Sales teams.
- Design and plan for implementation for Nutanix NDB solutions by leveraging Product experts, Solution Architects and Nutanix Services.
- Lead TCO and ROI conversations with customers and field teams as opportunities progress from through the sales cycle
- Own the sales revenue targets for Nutanix NDB in your assigned region and work alongside field sales teams to grow the Nutanix NDB business.
- Influence Nutanix NDB strategies by providing feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering on current and future product requirements and sales blockers encountered
- You will be a thought leader in the DBA and Database space. You lead by participating in internal Nutanix communities and in broader industry events.
What you’ll bring
- 10+ years of experience in Database Solutions and/or relevant Software sales
- Experience of thriving in a fast-paced, ever-adapting environment, working with cross-functional teams and leveraging company resources to drive sales using a combination of top-down and bottom-up tactics.
- Experience growing franchises from early adopter customers to a sustainable high performing franchise
- Experience with AWS, Azure and/or Google native database solutions, or with Oracle, SAP, MongoDB, Postgres, SQL and/or other virtualized database solutions.
- Sales experience with Database/DBaaS solutions
- Job may require up to 40-50% of travel
About the Leadership
The global sales leader for the Nutanix Database Solutions (NDB) - Healthcare is:
Luca Olivari - https://www.linkedin.com/in/timsmithson/
Does this sound like you? Let’s talk!
The OTE pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $275,600 and $413,400/year; however, pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.