Services Sales Manager, AMER West Enterprise
Services Sales Manager, AMER West Enterprise
Hungry, Humble & Honest
Nutanix is looking for a Senior Services Sales Manager (SSM) in AMER – West Enterprise responsible for Services Sales across the Western and Central US corridors. The SSM will work within a global team that fixates on solution sales from a professional services vantage and provides valuable input into potential repeatable offerings. This role is part of a Services Sales Team working with the Regional Managing Director as well as Regional Account Sales Teams across West Enterprise. In addition, the SSM will provide valuable and proactive input into Nutanix Services offerings.
The candidate will possess knowledge of the solution sales process to drive successful outcomes through the origination and closing of services sales opportunities across a range of use cases including, but not limited to, Enterprise Cloud, hybrid cloud, tier 1 applications, automation, databases, datacenter migrations, managed services, DevOps, and operational readiness. The Senior Services Sales Manager is expected to bring a strong foundational knowledge to effectively work with customers and Nutanix technology architects and consultants to effectively design and sell solutions that exceed customer expectations.
- Develop and incubate new customer relationships and at the same time expand current relationships to rapidly grow the Nutanix customer base.
- Manage customer expectations and desired outcomes hand in hand with the account team, OEM and channel partners.
- Work together with customers to identify business outcomes and define service requirements that provide a path to success.
- Generate proposals and provide advice for solutions to business requirements, technical requirements, and end-state outcomes delivered to customers.
- Lead services opportunity plans and grow the surface area for campaigns aligning with the corporate mission.
- Provide weekly sales forecasts and regular reporting, imagine creative ways to provide customer value, and stay abreast of status/details for each campaign and opportunity where your role guarantees a successful outcome.
What you’ll bring
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in either services sales, service delivery, SI/SP, or Enterprise architecture, with a preference in technology vendors, OEM and channel relationship management along with account management in enterprise accounts.
- Two years experience in an OEM or channel partner (VAR) or the equivalent in managing these relationships is desirable.
- Candidates experienced in selling Professional and Consulting Services will be preferred.
- Understanding of Enterprise Cloud Technologies, with a strong focus on Hybrid Multicloud, hyper-convergence products, and their impact on the customer’s IT journey.
- Enterprise Cloud, hybrid cloud, software, DevOps, data center transformation, and/or tier 1 application solution offerings.
- Excellent understanding of hybrid cloud operating models, IT go-to-market challenges and business drivers that impact customer purchasing decisions.
- Proven experience in rapidly growing enterprise account portfolio.
- Hands-on experience in crafting responses to RFP/RFIs and in leading RFP/proposal presentations.
- Natural leadership abilities, ability to thrive in an independent manner combining exceptional interpersonal communication, virtual team building, and presentation skills.
- Discuss contractual and commercial constructs of a services engagement including, Master Service Agreements (MSAs) and Statements of Work (SoWs) with a customer working with extended account teams in a potentially multi-vendor arrangement.
- Bachelor Degree or an MBA highly desirable.
Meet the Hiring Manager – Frank Shields
Frank joined Nutanix in 2016 as a Senior Services Sales Manager of East Enterprise, SLED, and LATAM. I joined Nutanix as it offers a strong opportunity to disrupt the Cloud industry and felt I could really have an impact, whilst working within a company that aligned with my cultural values. Before joining Nutanix, I spent significant time with other technology vendors such as IBM and SoftLayer, as well as nearly a decade within startups and VAR’s. Building teams that win has always been my biggest motivator, and to see talent grow to meet their potential. I am looking for candidates that are intellectually curious and are able to operate at both strategic and tactical levels.
About our business
Nutanix is a global leader in cloud software and a pioneer in hybrid and hyper-converged infrastructure solutions, making computing invisible anywhere. Companies around the world use Nutanix software to leverage a single platform to manage any app, at any location, at any scale for their private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $149,440 and $293,880/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Nutanix is an equal opportunity employer.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy is to provide fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. Nutanix hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
Nutanix believes that associates should be provided with a working environment that enables each associate to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.