PILOT PLANT RESEARCH FOOD TECHNICIAN
Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
We are looking for a Research Food Technician for Pilgrim’s that will report to the Corporate Office in Greeley, Colorado.
- Operate in a USDA inspected facility following all the rules and regulations associated with this requirement.
- Ability to read and follow written and verbal instructions to mix/blend formulations for sample production.
- Setup, operate and breakdown pilot plant equipment for the purpose of making samples, equipment clean up and completing equipment maintenance.
- Assist in sample production to R&D / Culinary teams.
- Responsible for daily shipping and incoming receiving of the pilot plant.
- Collect data on raw materials and finished products to be reported back to the project manager.
- Responsible for maintaining the pilot plant in a clean and organized state.
- Maintain a safety first environment.
- Plus additional tasks deemed necessary by the Pilot Plant Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in a professional kitchen or other culinary environment (food processing) required.
- Prior food safety experience a plus.
- Basic office experience a plus.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Strong food safety background through experience with a facility under USDA, FDA, Local health department or through other training.
- High work ethic, dependable, and be able to work without close supervision.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to handle physical activity which includes the following: lift minimum 50 lbs. and stand on your feet for long periods of time (4-6) hrs.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Mechanical and computer skills are required.
- High school diploma or equivalent a must, college credits a plus, associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
The applicant who fills this position will be eligible for the following compensation and benefits:
- Benefits: Vision, Medical, and Dental coverage begin after 60 days of employment;
- Paid Time Off: sick leave, vacation, and 6 company observed holidays;
- 401(k): eligible after 90 days of employment including company match which begins after the first year of service and follows the company vesting schedule
- Base salary range of $14.00 - $16.50 per hour;
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. It is a job expectation that all new employees have, at minimum, the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine in advance of their first date of employment. If you need assistance in obtaining a vaccine, the Company can help schedule you with one of its healthcare partners following a conditional job offer, if one is made. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.