HUMAN RESOURCES SUPERVISOR
Purpose & Scope: Coordinates and regulates various employment activities primarily through management and new hire orientation
- Provides management orientation and training sessions, processes all subsequent documentation. Oversees the orientation procedures of hourly new hires
- Coordinates various department issues with Human Resource Manager
- Processes and implements formal disciplinary action of employees, initiates termination procedures and terminates employees as needed
- Submits unemployment claims
- Processes management raise approvals
- Handles personal issues and employment problems of workers. Such duties include enforcing sexual harassment, equal opportunity, and other Company policies
- Monitors attendance information from Kronos
- Coordinates employee benefits programs, as well as company participation in community activities (migrant education, Child Care Task Force, etc.)
- Supervises Human Resource Clerks making sure department projects are completed accurately and on time
- Posts job bids (position available) as they come due. Manages BID Aging Report
- Help to ensure all aspects of production are in compliance with ADA, FMLA, and EEOC regulations
- Oversees the interviewing and hiring of employees
- Receives production employee transfer list, assigns them to positions as determined by plant needs
- Trains job specifications to clerical new hires
- Attends staff, Human Resource, management, and special project meetings on a regular basis
- Prepare and maintain records and procedures for controlling personnel transactions and reporting personnel data. Maintain HRIS integrity.
- Respond to any questions and/or requests by governmental agencies, including employee complaints.
- Responsible for internal company communication, including bulletin boards, company newsletter, etc.
- Develop relationship with leads, supervisors and Managers
- Develops trust so that employees are comfortable sharing with HR.
- Partners with management to implement and interpret Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote employee engagement.
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement.
- Perform others duties as assigned
Education: Bachelor Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: 2-3 years’ experience in HR
- Communication/public relations skills required
- Bilingual skills required