Shipping and Receiving Clerk
Shift Openings: Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
CJ Logistics America
We provide integrated supply chain services for customers around the world, maximizing customer value through continuous improvement and innovation.
CJ Logistics America is looking for a dependable and skilled 3rd Shift Customer Specialist/Shipping & Receiving Clerk at our Romeoville, IL location.
Customer Specialist 1 is responsible for activities in the Shipping and Receiving Office as the primary point of contact for all incoming and outgoing drivers. The CS1 is responsible for completing paperwork, maintaining schedules, and ensuring all paperwork is complete and error-free. The CS1 provides information both internally and externally as needed.
- Sign driver in and out of the facility; verify all paperwork
- Assign dock doors to the inbound and outbound loads
- Maintain door accuracy and yard report for trailer inventory
- Process Bills of Lading and associated shipping and receiving documents.
- Reconcile inbounds with packing slips and coordinate drop lot activity
- Coordinate moves on the yard for the spotter/yard jockey
- Provide a strong level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Maintain Inbound and Outbound Schedules
- Work closely with shift management and leads to accomplishing shift goals.
- Report errors and/ or issues to the appropriate members of leadership to ensure accuracy
- Participate in all training programs provided
- Performs all duties in a safe and timely manner.
Job Qualifications - Required
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required.
- PC Experience with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous AS400 and/or warehouse management systems (WMS) experience preferred
- Basic math and reading skills are necessary
- Detailed oriented with the ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instruction.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with internal and external customers.
Job Qualifications - Preferred
- Previous Shipping and Receiving experience in a warehouse environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Positive approach in all interactions
- Team-orientated and self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task calmly and effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Solid organization skills
- Willingness to learn new systems as needed
- This role routinely uses standard office and computer equipment
We offer a market-competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match, and tuition reimbursement. Local candidates only, please, as relocation assistance is not available for this position.
CJ Logistics America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds, and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation, and growth.