Job ID 22-423
Remote – United States, except Colorado
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
We are currently looking for an experienced software engineer to join a cross product engineering team to work on developing and maintaining cross product applications as well as integration of new threat intelligence into consumable microservices.
What you will be working on
You will be joining a close knit team taking on complex coding projects and helping to improve and secure infrastructure used by many different teams. You will be interacting with many teams and individuals from multiple countries gathering requirements and assisting with integration.
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Software Development or Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of Software Industry Experience
- Fluency in a compiled language: Go preferred, C, C++, Objective-C, C#, etc. acceptable
- Fluency in a dynamic scripting language: Python preferred, Perl/PHP/Ruby etc. acceptable
- Ability to communicate effectively with many teams from many countries and explain complex interactions
- Ability to substantially own tasks and be self-directed in execution
- Ability and interest in writing high-quality code including well thought out automated testing
- Basic experience administering UNIX systems, including running Linux for personal use
- Experience in Modernize Critical Applications for high availability and increased security
- Comfort developing new microservices based on the ever changing needs of the industry for use across our product line
Would be helpful if you have
- Experience with Java
- Experience with SQL databases and database design
- Experience with multithreaded programming, in the style of Go or similar
- Experience with "Cloud" development technologies (RDS, S3, Lambda, etc.)
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are many opportunities for cross training and the ability to define your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities