Sr. Software Engineer
Job ID 24-049
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 200,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an employer that complies with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
We at Barracuda are at the forefront of protecting our customers from email-borne threats and data leaks. We are a passionate team of engineers building the next generation of innovative cloud connected email security appliances. We are looking for a highly skilled and passionate developer to join our cross functional Agile team.
As a senior developer you will have the opportunity to work on cutting-edge on-premises appliance based and cloud-based email security products. You will be working closely with product managers, customers, and developers to design, develop, test, and deliver new and innovative features in a continuous delivery model. So, if you've got what it takes to excel in this role, we would like to talk to you!
- Solid experience in C,Perl,C++,Lua programming language
- Experience with SQL based RDBMS
- Strong practical Linux skills
- Design, implement and test features, improvements and optimizations for the product.
- Mentor team members in design and development best practices
- Experience with Linux debugging and analysis tools such GDB & strace will be a plus
- Experience with Java/Python will be a plus
- Experience with Bash scripting
- Experience with MySQL will be a plus
- Knowledge of Email Domain [SMTP/DNS/Networking Protocols] will be a plus
- Knowledge of Build-Deploy Pipelines (Jenkins)
- Knowledge of source control management systems such as Git
- Understanding of TLS and creation and usage of TLS Certificates
What you'll be working on
- Design and develop new feature/enhancements. Troubleshoot, fix, and test product issues to resolve complex problems
- Understand business requirements for projects and remove gaps and ambiguity. Create technical tasks out of general requirements
- Provide guidance and mentoring for junior members of the team. Review Pull Requests, help establish engineering best practices
- Understand performance and security implications of how the design/code impacts the product
What you bring to the role
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical field (or equivalent practical experience)
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Knowledge of SDLC and Agile practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, CI/CD etc.
- Ability to communicate clearly and use a collaborative approach across boundaries to get work done
What you'll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda, in addition to equity, in the form of non-qualifying options.