VP, Corporate Development
Job ID 24-320
Come Join Our Passionate Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 200,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision yourself at Barracuda
The VP, Corporate Development evaluates and manages new strategic business opportunities, initiatives, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, alliances and/or joint ventures and reports into the CFO.
What you’ll be working on
In this role, the VP of Corporate Development collects market analysis, monitors competitive activity, and identifies opportunities to increase the value of the company. Provides leadership in the planning, designing, due diligence, and implementing of inorganic strategies. Works closely with CEO and executive leadership team to define, deliver, and execute on strategic vision. Manages overall process and/or a cross-functional team of employees to complete acquisition integration.
What you bring to the role
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in investment banking, corporate development, mergers & acquisitions, and/or strategic consulting
- Deep knowledge of the cybersecurity market landscape preferred; willing to consider candidates with software technology industry expertise
- Deal-making competence – ability to source, evaluate, negotiate, and execute complex transactions and partnerships
- Experience working PE-backed private companies is a plus but not mandatory
- Financial acumen, including analytics skills, valuation modeling, due diligence, and deal structuring for value-accretive business plans
- Project management capabilities and cross-functional coordination skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal, in interactions with internal teams, board of directors, and external stakeholders
- Someone who partners well with executive staff as well as functional teams including legal, HR, FP&A, accounting, IT, and others
- Availability for occasional travel, both domestically and internationally, for meetings, negotiations, site visits, and relevant conferences
What you’ll get from usA team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross-training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- Equity, in the form of non-qualified options
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities
The anticipated on-target earnings range for this role in Campbell, CA is $263,000-$303,000. Actual compensation offered will be dependent upon the individual's skills, experience, and qualifications as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, the budget for the position, and applicable employment laws.