Escalation Engineer (ESS)
Software Engineer – 22-479
Open to Remote - US
Come Join Our Team! At Barracuda, we make the world a safer place. We believe every business deserves access to cloud-enabled, enterprise-grade security solutions that are easy to buy, deploy, and use. We protect email, networks, data and applications with innovative solutions that grow and adapt with our customers’ journey. More than 220,000 organizations worldwide trust Barracuda to protect them — in ways they may not even know they are at risk — so they can focus on taking their business to the next level.
We know a diverse workforce adds to our collective value and strength as an organization. Barracuda Networks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to equal employment opportunity and equitable compensation regardless of race, gender, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability.
Envision Yourself at Barracuda
Do you have empathy for customers and get excited about interesting engineering challenges?
We are seeking a passionate Software Engineer to join our Email Security product team, with a focus on resolving customer issues arising with our products. Working in a highly collaborative team environment, you’ll work up and down our tech stack investigating and resolving issues escalated into the team from Partners/Customers/Support.
In this role you’ll have deep impact across customer satisfaction, usability and quality, and feature development.
What you will be working on
- Triage issues escalated to Engineering
- Work with other engineers to debug issues and implement fixes/improvements
- Maintain situational awareness around ‘known issues’ and ‘previously resolved by’ situations and help to maintain up to date reference documentation (ex. Troubleshooting or How To(s) information to supplement the product run book)
- Develop tooling for use by Support or Engineering to make it easier to find problems, interact with product systems, or gain greater visibility into ‘what’s happening’
- Identify and champion changes and features that will improve the customer experience and quality of the product
- Participate in product development activities with the Product Manager and Team, such as prioritization discussions, design reviews, and sprint planning/grooming/retro activities
What you bring to the role
- Experience with daily operations of a software product requiring 24/7 availability
- Strong Linux skills
- Prior programming experience in one of these languages or similar – python, Golang, Lua
- Prior experience in an escalation engineer role, a plus
- Experience with large scale distributed systems – distributed databases, streaming/queueing services, batch processing workflows, microservices and APIs, a plus
- Exposure to public cloud architectures and deployments, modern CI/CD pipelines, observability and monitoring best practices, also a plus
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with Product Managers, Designers, Cloud Ops, Engineers
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, or equivalent work experience
What you’ll get from us
A team where you can voice your opinion, make an impact, and where you and your experience are valued. Internal mobility – there are opportunities for cross training and the ability to attain your next career step within Barracuda.
- High-quality health benefits
- Retirement Plan with employer match
- Career-growth opportunities
- Flexible Time Off and Paid Time Off benefits
- Volunteer opportunities