Configuration Engineer | Req#2958
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Configuration Engineer to provide configuration support and administration of the applications, middleware platforms and infrastructure ensuring services meet operational targets, achieve high availability and performance. This position offers excellent self-driven learning potential, expects a high level of commitment, collaboration with various teams and a strong work ethic. This position is 100% remote.
- Resolution of any compliance issues and the tracking of compliance procedures and policies
- Facilitation of audits related to configuration management
- Work closely with system engineers to document various segments of the system and develop the existing top-level configuration management processes and documentation, to include developing, implementing, and enforcing a change & configuration management process that captures changes from each phase of the system lifecycle
- Responsible for analyzing and managing the Configuration Management Plan (CMP)
- Reviews, develops, and updates step-by-step procedures for building, re-creating, and/or decomposing various virtual and physical systems and components.
- Managing configuration programs to ensure that all proposed and actual changes to program technology and documentation are properly staffed, approved, and tracked
- Facilitating the change notification process used for updating products
- Ensuring notification of performing organizations or project teams of change activities
- Modify or Draft processes (CI/CD or ansible operations) as necessary to achieve the requirements.
- Be proactive in taking up new challenges or issues. Work with teams for timely resolution and report back findings to management.
- 5+ years’ experience with modern configuration, application, and life cycle management of build processes to maintain version control for hardware, software, including code and COTS/GOTS packages, libraries, containers, virtual machines, releases, and documents
- MUST HAVE 2 years' operating system experience using Redhat Linux 6/7/8
- MUST HAVE 2 years' application experience with Ansible, GitHub, and Java.
- MUST HAVE 2 years' middleware technology experience with Apache/nginx, Tomcat, JVM analysis.
- MUST HAVE 2 years' build release experience using Maven
- MUST HAVE 2 years' build pipeline experience using Bamboo
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Management, Math, or equivalent.
- Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Strong working knowledge of processes and policies involved in the modification or reconfiguration of hardware and software system/equipment configuration end item.
Communication and Organizational Qualifications
- Oral and written communications skills
- Experience communicating and collaborating with developers, testers, systems engineer, DBAs, scrum masters, business owners and management
- Ability to work with technical writers giving the instructions for SOPs, and other release/operational documents
- Ability to work independently and with various other teams across the organization
- Ability to work with teams that support application (both centralized and distributed)
- Familiarity with the Agile principles and methodology, SAFe Framework
- Strong familiarity with Agile software management tools like Atlassian applications
ActioNet is a CMMI-DEV Level 4, CMMI-SVC Level 4, ISO 20000, ISO 27001, ISO 9001, HDI-certified, woman-owned IT Solutions Provider with strong qualifications and expertise in Agile Software Engineering, Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security and IT Managed Services. With 24+ years of stellar past performance, ActioNet is the premier Trusted Innogrator!
At ActioNet, our Passion for Quality is at the heart of everything we do:
- We are committed to make ActioNet a great place to work and continue to invest in our ActioNeters
- We are committed to our customers by driving and sustaining Service Delivery Excellence
- We are committed to give back to our Community, help others and make the world a better place for our next generation
ActioNet is proud to be named as a Top Workplace for the ninth year in a row (2014 - 2022). We have 98% of Customer retention rate. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career. Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.