Database Administrator | Req#2314
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Database Administrator requiring a Secret Clearance located in Vienna, VA. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense.
It is simple. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
In this role, you will be responsible for administering, testing, and implementing, and troubleshooting SQL databases and applying knowledge of database management systems.
Basic Qualifications/Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years of SQL database administration experience and relevant work experience in data/database architecture that includes senior level experience in data modeling
- Maintain and administer enterprise Microsoft SQL 2012, 2014, and/or 2016 databases, related systems, and environments
- Provide holistic applications support and create automated procedures to reduce outages related to human error
- Develop and deploy database scripts for data quality, stability to support maintenance activities that meet or exceed Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Expertise regarding SQL server database performance, integrity, and security
- Develop innovative SQL solutions, such as writing packages, stored procedures, and triggers
- Experience driving data quality, diagnose data quality issues, and provide production support
- Plan and review maintenance documents including proactive analysis to prevent unscheduled outages.
- Work with team to develop and deliver innovative solutions to technical problems within specified timeframe and budget
- Plan, coordinate, and implement when applicable database related security measures, test databases or programs, or other tools to facilitate continuous operations of enterprise database management systems.
- Performance optimization and management for relational and dimensional models
- Experience in the installation, security, configuration, migration, maintenance, monitoring, backups and recoveries of SQL Server software and databases
- Experience in SQL Server database disaster recovery and high availability SQL Server solutions such as clustering, database mirroring, replication and log shipping
- Experience with Point-in-Time recovery and restoration from backups
- Experience resolving database issues and performance tuning using SQL profiler and Database Tuning Advisor (DTA)
- Experience creating and debugging large Transact-SQL (T-SQL) database scripts
- Experience implementing Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) strategies using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Experience in large scale data warehouse architectures
- Analyze database systems problems and provide problem resolution
- Experience defining and creating data structures for schemas including tables, views, indexes, etc.
- Develop standards and guidelines, documents, and procedures to guide the use and implementation of enterprise software related to database management systems.
- Assess and improve the database performance, mod schema, manage indexes, produce roll up tables and views and alter speed indexes
- Develop and maintain replication processes to ensure accurate and available data in the various production environments
- Experience with database clusters, high availability systems, and server clusters.
- Develop, maintain, and enhance data modeling and database design documents, policies, procedures
- Collaborate with the application developers, architects and project team on logical and physical database design and implementations
- A high level of motivation and accountability, and the ability to work in a stressful, fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Effective/efficient time management skills and ability to resolve conflict situations
- Must be DoD 8570 compliant
- Must have Security+ certification
- Active Secret Clearance
- MCSA or MCSE with focus on SQL preferred
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.