Cloud Engineer - APAC
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
The IT Organization/Team
As part of the organization, and our growing team, you will be in a unique position to impact the future direction the company takes. With approximately 40,000 customers worldwide you will have access to a rich user community to help inform your decisions. Our highly collaborative environment means you will be working with a diverse group of talented people continuously innovating and improving.
Qlik is seeking highly creative and intellectually curious Cloud Engineer, who is passionate about cutting-edge distributed computing. As part of a team you will play an integral part in advancing Qlik’s IT Cloud eco-system and culture of technical excellence. You will champion infrastructure automation and support Hybrid Cloud Solutions, and display a strong understanding of Cloud-as-a-Service varieties: PaaS, IaaS, and SaaS. Creating a network-centric cloud architectures, you will make a key contribution supporting end-to-end public cloud automation of application delivery, including Infrastructure provisioning. The ideal candidate will have experience moving infrastructure to the cloud.
How you will spend your time as our next Cloud Engineer - APAC
- Work with the IT team to reduce repetitive tasks
- Work with multiple business users to migrate applications to AWS/Azure/GCP
- We're looking for self-starters, who can work independently, with and across teams. Establishing smooth running environments is paramount to your success, and happiness
- Implementing scalable system solutions is required
- Make recommendations for improvements to current processes and procedures to support a high performing environment
- Collaborating with other platforms tech leads to ensure integrated end-to-end design
- Create, maintain, and document tools and automation for handling system state and operations across a complex global infrastructure
- Capacity Management for all tiers across multiple applications Experience with metrics, monitoring and alerting
- System Administration which includes administering different flavors of Linux and Windows operating system, OS Installation, File system management, regular OS upgrade and patch management
You will be successful if you
- Have outstanding technical skills and understanding of server-side and cloud technologies
- Have strong internal client consultative skills; emphasis on customer focus
- Have excellent presentation and communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to organize and lead informative sessions that involve technical and non-technical participants, creating requirements and architecture/technical designs. Consult with customers to align and arrive at an optimal technical solution, leveraging best practices in architecture and design
- Are familiar with a wide variety of commercial and open source technologies
- Have excellent analytic skills with the ability to optimize processes and methodologies
- Are sn outgoing, focused and organized individual
- Are as team player with strong interpersonal skills
You will thrive if you are
- 3 years minimum Linux and Windows systems administration and automation scripting experience
- 3 years minimum Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure administration experience
- Experience analyzing and resolving performance, scalability and reliability issues
- Experience configuring, securing and lifecycle management of serverless cloud technologies
- Scripting experience in one or all the following... Python, Ruby, Go, PowerShell
- Good understanding or experience with Performance tuning, Automation and Configuration management
- Experience with network equipment including routers, switches, firewalls, SDWAN
- Experience with TCP/IP network and various fundamental network services such as DNS, DHCP, SMTP, NTP, telnet, SSH, etc
- Experience in Virtualization technologies like VMWare
- Bachelor's degree on Computer Science or similar degree
- AWS, Azure, or GCP Certification a plus
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is located in Bangalore, India If you think this position is interesting, you are welcome with your complete application in English. Apply as soon as possible as we are working continuously with the applications for this assignment.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.