Software Developer - Full Stack
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
We are looking for full-stack developers to join our team to work on Qlik’s next generation Cognitive Analytics and Natural Language solutions. We want people who are passionate about moving fast, solving new problems and building awesome software. Members of our team enjoy end-to-end ownership of micro-services including: developing, testing, deploying and monitoring in production.
Our team has expertise with containerization, orchestration, cloud providers, API development, and web application best practices. Everyone is expected to understand the full system, help develop it and knows that the changes they submit will be in customer’s hands within hours or days.
- Developing and maintaining Natural Language and Cognitive Analytics features end-to-end including UI, back-end services and persistence.
- Providing technical leadership, mentoring and coaching of developers on the team.
- Technical leadership for the cognitive, AI and ML microservices.
- Defining micro-services with clean, tested code that contain well documented RESTful APIs.
- Coordinating with architects in other areas to ensure alignment on best practices and approaches.
- Documenting design patterns and architectural decisions, making technical decisions and approving designs for features.
- Applying the latest Natural Language and AI technologies to improve the user experience of business analytics software.
- Regular participation in architectural leadership councils and discussions.
- Open minded and pragmatic assessment of new technologies as possible solutions to new business problems.
- Delivering innovative, industry-changing solutions that delight users and expand data literacy and usage within organizations.
- Writing high-quality production ready code that can be continuously deployed and maintaining it in real-time.
- Writing unit, component and integration tests to make sure that other components cannot break your feature.
- Communicating and collaborating with various parts of organizations including R & D, Architects, Product Management, Support.
You will be successful if you have:
- A Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering (or equivalent).
- 7+ years’ experience as a senior software developer or architect with a solid track record of delivering complex, high quality features.
- Working knowledge of frontend/UI using Java Script, Angular, and/or React.
- Experience with GoLang, Node.js or the ability to pick it up fast.
- Experience of working with SQL, NoSQL based Databases.
- Experience of working with MongoDB.
- Experience of working with unit testing frameworks and test-driven development practices with automated unit, component and integration tests.
- Experience in the following areas is a plus: Microservices, Container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift).
- Experience with Machine Learning technologies an asset.
- Desire to create a culture where the team has a strong sense of ownership, takes pride in what they are building, and enjoys coming into work in the morning. Instinctive leadership skills or experience would be ideal.
- Ability to work effectively with other team members on various aspects of the software delivery process including design, testing, documentation and support.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as ability to work well with geographically distributed teams.
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
The role is located in Vadodara, India.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.