Lead C++ Developer
What makes us Qlik
Qlik helps enterprises around the world move faster, work smarter, and lead the way forward with an end-to-end solution for getting value out of data. Our platform is the only one on the market that allows for open-ended, curiosity-driven exploration, giving everyone – at any skill level – the ability to make real discoveries that lead to real outcomes and transformative changes. We are a Values-Driven organization, operating over 100 countries with 45,000 customers around the world. If you think we are interesting, please read on – we may be looking for you!
As part of our R&D organization and our growing development team, you will be in a unique position to impact the future direction the company takes. Qlik has a creative, team-oriented, and high-energy culture. We offer a flexible and exciting work environment, and plenty of opportunities for you to grow as a professional and as an individual. Our highly collaborative environment means you will be working with a diverse group of talented people that are continuously innovating and improving.
We put tremendous value in teamwork, and we do our uttermost to create a great working environment for everyone in our team. We believe that one of our key strengths is our team composition and group dynamics. As our team is based in several geographical locations, there is a positive, multicultural twist on everything that we do.
As a member of the Analytic Engine team, you will have direct impact on the core components of Qlik’s products. Our team develops Qlik’s Associative In-memory Engine. You will have the opportunity to work with a deeply experienced team, a variety of next generation technologies, and a wide range of challenging software development projects.
This is a tremendous opportunity for you to make a key contribution for one of the hottest technology companies in Business Discovery and Intelligence.
How you will spend your time as our next Lead C++ Developer
In your role, you will be part of the team that develops Qlik’s Associative In-memory Engine. You will participate in the full software development cycle, starting with requirements analysis and ending with delivery and maintenance. Your contributions will include implementation of new product features, capabilities, improvements and bug fixes. You will have an opportunity to work closely with our senior architects, tech leads and product management team in order to identify the right architecture and design for your implementation.
We work according to the classic Agile methodologies and use modern development tools, where we value dynamic and light ways of working with focus on the code deliverables and frequent software releases.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead on new tasks and guide team members so that as a team you perform extremely well
- Research new product requirements, understand scope and risks, perform breakdown and sequencing of work
- Contribute to team planning and prioritization, lead product scenario analysis and design
- Communicate with team members and leaders on task prioritization, scheduling, and coordination
- Mentor team members in best practice and standards
- Suggest and drive product and process improvements
- Design, develop and maintain new functionalities in Qlik’s In-memory Engine
- Perform code reviews and provide feedback to other developers
- Implement automated test cases to cover the new functionalities that you develop
- Employ Agile development practices and ways of working
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar
- Skilled in programming with 8+ years of software development experience (3+ years are in C++)
- Being curious, self-driven and goal oriented
- Strong sense of responsibility and integrity (“Quality First” approach)
- Passionate about teamwork and multicultural work environments
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- The ability to effectively drive cross-team activities such as design, implementation, testing, and documentation
Beneficial Skills and Experience
- Excited of how data can be applied to generate insights and business value
- Interested in computer science and algorithms
- Familiarity with development on both Linux and Windows
- Experience of working with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience of working with various cloud environments (such as AWS, Azure and Google Cloud)
- Familiarity with the Business Intelligence and Data Analytics industry domains
- Experience in the following areas: API development, micro services, high performance computing, test-driven development
Our way of giving back
To our communities, to the world, and to you is a core part of the culture at Qlik. We encourage our employees to participate in our numerous Corporate Responsibility Program initiatives.
This job is based in Ottawa, Canada. If you find this job interesting, you are welcome to send in your application (in English). We'll be working continuously with applications so please apply as soon as possible.
Qlik is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Qlik via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Qlik. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Qlik as a result of the referral or through other means.
Qlik is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected category or characteristic. We value the diversity of our workforce. If you need assistance due to disability during the application and/or recruiting process, please contact us via the Accessibility Request Form