Senior Manager, Human Resources
Job Description – Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.
Canadian Solar was founded in 2001 in Canada and is one of the world's largest and foremost solar power companies. It is a leading manufacturer of solar photovoltaic modules and provider of solar energy solutions and has a geographically diversified pipeline of utility-scale power projects in various stages of development. Over the past 19 years, Canadian Solar has successfully delivered over 46 GW of premium quality modules to customers in over 150 countries and has built and connected over 5.6 GW of solar power plants around the world. Canadian Solar is one of the most bankable companies in the solar industry, having been publicly listed on NASDAQ since 2006.
Position Title: Senior HR Manager, North America, Energy Group
Department: Human Resources
We are looking for a Senior HR Manager who can make our company a premier employment destination for the top talent in our industry. The HR Manager will be responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of human resources in North Americas.
The position will manage the HR operations and activities in North Americas that includes, but is not limited to, payroll, benefits, onboarding/offboarding, leave, compliance, compensation and HRIS system implementation functions. More importantly the role will serve as the HR Business Partner to the North America leadership team, enhancing talent acquisition, employee relations, organizational development, coaching, leadership and learning and development.
- Partners with the leadership team to develop and execute the organizations human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Drive the evaluation and improvement of People Operations Processes such as Employee onboarding and offboarding experience, records administration, employment contract management and transactional services with a focus on quality, customer service, innovation, automation and employee and leader self-service; increase self-service options and grow operating efficiency.
- Manage payroll and benefits of over 200 employees in both US and Canada and accurately execute Payroll and benefits policies and processes and ensure agreed to service levels are met
- Partner with the business to lead review processes which focus on performance management and talent development.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles;
- Manage annual salary review, salary adjustment and promotion process
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues, including conducting effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Review and makes recommendations for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Maintain responsibility for organizational compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Broad experience in HR functional areas including payroll and benefits administration, talent acquisition, employee relations, policy development, performance management, talent development, employee engagement, and federal/state/local employment laws & regulation
- 5+ years supervisory experience in Human Resources management
- In-depth understanding of the interrelation of HR processes and tools with a strong proficiency in the functional use of key business applications
- Ability to influence, engage, and partner closely with appropriate partners across all levels of the organization with demonstrated success in delivering results through cross-functional collaboration.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization skills and follow-through
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, flexible environment and willing to work within constantly changing environment with enthusiasm
- Self-starter that takes initiative to lead and drive improvements without constant direction
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to listen and understand the needs of the employees, together with those of the company
Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment.
Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.