Job Description – Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Position Title: Process Engineer
Department:Process and Engineering
Reports To:Process and Engineering Manager
The Process Engineering takes responsibility for daily process maintenance, new products development, new process introduction and system integration of equipment to support mass production and improve process capability for photovoltaic module assembly facility in Texas.
The Process Engineering performs a range of duties related to manufacturing process, product development, product quality, document work and operator training.
The ideal candidate will proactively identify where products, processes, and equipment could be better optimized for manufacture. The Process Engineering must possess the capabilities to drive continuous improvement of product quality, process, and manufacturing cost.
- Work with product design teams to formulate a manufacturing process for the new product and support product ramp up
- Oversee process design, production line layout, system integration and make sure the manufacturing process, capacity, capability meets business demand
- Improve manufacturing process, equipment efficiency to boost productivity, product quality and manufacturing cost
- Assume responsibility for new manufacturing process, equipment and methodology evaluation and adopting new manufacturing technology
- Maintain and develop manufacturing work instructions, provide training to cross function team.
- Create Engineering Change Notices (ECN) as related to manufacturing process, quality, and product cost improvements
- Participate in PFMEA / Control Plan creation
- Support material supplier qualification, material inspection and testing when needed
- Establish and maintain work standards for product costing and productivity measurement
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Support ISO 9001 activities
- Adhere to all environmental, health and safety rules and policies
- Conduct other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering degree a relevant field, e.g. B. Eng. (Mechanical, Electrical or equivalent)
- Minimum 1～3 years experience as a Manufacturing or Process Engineer in a high-volume manufacturing environment, (with photovoltaic industry preferred)
- Knowledge and expertise with PLC, machine automation and controls, robotic assembly and machine operations preferred
- Demonstrated success on manufacturing process improvement, capacity and standard time, product quality, machine OEE and efficiency improvement
- Superior knowledge on manufacturing production line layout, machine operations, line balance, product quality and production output
- Familiar with Standard Work, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma or Continuous Improvement tools
- Quality Control background; Data analysis, problem solving and root cause analysis skills preferred
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Solidworks preferred
- Ability to read blueprints (mechanical/electrical and part print)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Expertise with both English & Mandarin preferred)
- Strong presentation abilities with written communication and presentation abilities
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Must be self directed and able to work with little supervision
Note: The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time as its own discretion.
Note: Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment. Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.