Senior Solution Architect - Industrial / Automotive
SENIOR SOLUTION ARCHITECT - Industrial & Automotive
LOCATION: EMEA - The UK, Sweden, Germany and France
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate our customers' digital transformation with a new generation of Mission Critical Edge Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solution's level will determine success.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (Automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (Connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud, and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Workplace”. If you are passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Companies worldwide are looking to gain a competitive advantage in this digital-first world and are looking to Wind River as a trusted and strategic partner in their intelligent edge journey. Wind River is answering this call through our delivery of Wind River Studio – the world’s first cloud-native environment that enables developers of intelligent edge devices to transform and optimize their device lifecycle from development to deployment, operations, servicing, and more.
As a Senior Solutions Architect, you will join a highly skilled Field Engineering Organization and partner directly with the Global Solution Sales team to drive modernization of customer’s embedded/cloud device development and operations tooling and processes.
Interface & Collaboration
In this role you will serve as a customer’s trusted advisor for building end-to-end intelligent edge solutions. You will work closely with not only engineers and product managers, but business units, security, IT, and senior leadership at both greenfield and brownfield customers to understand their environments, scenarios, processes, challenges, and goals, and lead them to success by helping design solutions (in partnership with relevant SMEs) which leverage the capabilities of Wind River Studio to modernize their Intelligent Edge development and operations lifecycle – ultimately winning the technical decision and driving product adoption.
In addition, you will serve as a customer advocate to our internal product teams, championing their needs and helping drive product excellence.
Understand the Customer
- Work with the Global Solution Sales team to determine priority customer opportunities, understand their overall business needs, challenges, and goals, and how they may map to Wind River offerings.
- Understand the holistic customer ecosystem, including relevant partners, potential co-sell opportunities, and the competitive landscape.
- Discover details around technical preferences, operational maturity, current solutions, security requirements, existing cloud/on-premises environments, DevSecOps tooling implementations, product development processes, operational challenges, and team culture.
Demonstrate the Art of the Possible
- Impress customers by crafting unique narratives, telling a story to help them understand what a truly modernized intelligent edge product lifecycle could mean to their business.
- Lead engaging, collaborative discussions, both in person and remotely, highlighting the value of each Wind River Studio component.
- Highlight past experiences and real-world modernization stories to build customer confidence that they can achieve these transformations too.
Become a Trusted Customer Advisor
- Leverage your specific experience and expertise, as well as relationships with other Wind River subject matter experts, to guide customers in developing well-architected end-to-end intelligent edge solutions.
- Build trust and deep relationships with strategic customer executives, business/technical decision makers, and influencers by creating partnership and demonstrating a win-win mindset.
Architect Technical Solutions
- Run engaging workshops and architecture design sessions to collaboratively explore potential ways to transform customers’ intelligent edge product development lifecycles.
- Demonstrate the specific value and ROI Wind River Studio capabilities, vision, roadmap, and third-party ecosystem can bring to the customer across their entire development and operations lifecycle, leading to winning the technical decision for customers to adopt Wind River Studio as part of their solution.
- Leverage your deep understanding of customer requirements, environments, existing tools, goals, and culture to ensure resulting designs can be successfully implemented and clearly map to expected business outcomes.
- Identify and escalate immediate technical roadblocks by working closely with the product, engineering, sales, and field engineering organizations to accelerate customer adoption.
- Work with the customer to develop a plan for adopting Wind River Studio, including milestones with delivered technical and business value. Ensure this plan extends to future use cases and opportunities within the customer following a “land and expand” approach.
- Serve as hands-on technical leadership, working with Field Application Engineers, other Solution Architects, and Professional Services to guide final design, development, and deployment through the pre-sales and initial implementation phases.
- Work with the Global Solution Sales team to produce detailed RFIs and RFPs when necessary and strive to move to a more collaborative design partnership when possible.
Champion the Voice of the Customer
- Work with your peers to serve as a unified voice of the customer, collaborating to create cohesive immediate product needs and identify long-term roadmap desires, provide detailed and prioritized feedback, and quantify potential monetary opportunity for addressing requests.
- Leverage your unique visibility to customer needs to highlight potential new markets and approaches to leadership. Work with marketing to ensure our public messaging meets the desires of our customers.
Be a Technology Advocate
- Participate in conferences, events, and technology summits to build community trust and promote Wind River technology, case studies, and solution approaches both internally and publicly.
Create World-Class Team Culture
- Great culture starts with personal growth. By continually focusing on improving self-awareness, self-acceptance, and self-accountability you will help drive overall maturity within our organization.
- We are stronger together than we are alone, and our diversity makes us a more innovative, agile, and successful team. Your commitment to honoring uniqueness, and always being respectful and actively inclusive of others, will bring a sense belonging that lets us be our whole selves while bringing the value of our varying skills, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives to the team.
- A sense of camaraderie and a genuine concern for one another – with a corresponding desire to help, brings healthy collaboration. By building sincere connections with other team members, you’ll bring compassion, trust, and openness, encouraging a sense of community across the team.
- Being able to identify with one another builds trust and brings cooperation. As a senior team member, you’ll join in helping define our common purpose, shared beliefs, desired boundaries, and alignment within the organization, bringing a sense of unity.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Deep experience with cloud-native development and deployment approaches, design of intelligent distributed systems, and implementing complex and high-value technical solutions.
- Demonstrated background in DevSecOps-based CI/CD and cloud security practices.
- Understanding modern concepts around DevOps, security, product development lifecycles, and remote operations of intelligent edge devices.
- Demonstrated success in leading and closing sales opportunities in a cloud-native software development ecosystem and cloud environment.
- Highly adaptable team player who can independently ramp up fast on cutting-edge technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Ability to understand technical and business-related customer problems, then architect an unequivocal solution comprising Wind River products and technologies.
- Skilled in leading whiteboarding sessions and reaching collaborative solutions with technical influencers and technical management audiences.
- Effective written and oral communication and presentation skills and a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences – including the ability to captivatingly present ideas and solution approaches to C-Level executives to gain sponsorship.
- Able to build strong technical relationships with key customer stakeholders and drive consensus on proposed solutions.
- Ability to travel when required.
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree or experience).
- 5+ years of experience with cloud-native microservices design in AWS/Azure/GCP.
- 5+ years working in cloud solution architecture, working closely with the sales team.
- Prior experience in leading large-scale projects will be preferred.
- Expert-level Kubernetes and DevSecOps tools and technology experience.
- AWS/Azure/GCP Cloud Solution Architect professional certifications will be a plus.
- Flexible home office! We offer the flexibility of a hybrid work schedule or 100% remote.
- Named Top Workplace for the 8th year in a row in the US, bay area
- Wind River’s commitment to DEIB
- 100% Employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance*
- Grow Boot camp and Linkedin Learning Subscriptions
- Wellness Benefits through Unmind
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.