Senior Dev Ops
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced DevOps engineer for the position of Wind River Cloud DevOps Prime, to drive the introduction of a best in class DevOps pipeline for the Wind River Cloud product.
We have some exciting technologies that we get to work with at Wind River. Within the Wind River Cloud team, we have the opportunity to work with large-scale projects like Kubernetes, Docker and OpenStack. These are vibrant and fast-paced Open Source technologies that are in high demand from our customers.
Wind River Cloud has adopted these technologies into the core of our product, which is driving us to find experienced and high-performing individuals that can learn and contribute to these container and virtualization solutions. In addition, Wind River Cloud is a leading contributor to the StarlingX project, to manage and maintain the critical infrastructure for highly distributed Edge solutions, including 5G, Autonomous Vehicles, Industrial Automation and Augmented Reality.
Wind River contributes and builds upon the work within StarlingX to ensure it meets the demands of these critical applications. Finally, managing the highly fluid and distributed architecture requires new insights to the operational performance of the system. This has given rise to the introduction of leading-edge analytics that are being designed to provide the needed visibility and observability to the platform. Analytics is bringing new and innovative technologies into the Wind River Cloud product portfolio, expanding on the already broad set of software that we get to work on within the highly skilled development team.
Interface & Collaboration
- Partner with the Cloud development & build teams to help them adopt best in class devops techniques to add updates into the Cloud DevOps pipeline at high velocity and with highest quality.
- Partner with the Cloud test & automation team to maximize automated test coverage at all levels of the Cloud DevOps pipeline.
- Partner with lead Customers to integrate the Cloud DevOps pipeline with their staging and deployment pipelines.
- Define how to transform the existing Cloud Continuous Build & Integration cycle into a best in class DevOps pipeline
- Drive change into all areas of the Cloud team to enable this future state
- Actively participate in the development of the Cloud DevOps pipeline
- Maintain and evolve the Cloud DevOps pipeline as the Cloud product evolves, new DevOps technologies & practices emerge, and new Customers are added
- Work with the most dynamic and exciting open source software projects today – Kubernetes (K8s), Docker, Helm, Openstack, Ansible, Ceph, etc
- Work as part of a team focused on containerization, virtualization, VM management and fault tolerant/carrier grade end to end system testing.
- Contribute actively to StarlingX, an open source project under the OpenStack Foundation - a fully featured cloud for the distributed edge (https://www.starlingx.io/)
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process using agile development
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree)
- 3+ years of relevant technical experience in developing and maintaining a DevOps pipeline
- Experience with Linux environments
- Experience with git and Jenkins
- Experience with a wide range of other DevOps tools
- Experience with containers and/or cloud based technologies including Kubernetes, OpenStack would be an asset
- Contribution to the open source community would be an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.