Senior Solution Architect - Test Automation
Remote(home office) - U.S; 15-25% travel requirement
Why Choose Wind River?
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River Systems is looking for a Test Automation Architect with hands-on experience implementing test automation solutions in an agile environment. The candidate will advise customers on test automation strategy, setting direction for long-term automation plan, and bringing in best practices and ROI. The ideal candidate will work with customers to architect automation solutions using Wind River products and services as part of presales activities. The candidate will be expected to effectively lead, monitor, and improve automation services and create business growth.
The successful candidate must have experience in designing/architecting test automation frameworks for cloud-native software and be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly ramp up on new technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced environment. A combination of strong technical and communication skills is a must.
In a company with significant growth potential and as the leader in intelligent systems, you will be part of a team working with customers’ verification and validation teams to articulate the value of the WR Studio Test Automation framework. The ability to consider multiple cloud-platform systems while designing and implementing test automation approaches is essential.
- Collaborate with customers and product teams to strategize & align long-term solutions for test automation including roadmap, tools, and design.
- Understand the customer requirements, the current state of test automation and define the vision of the future with WR Studio Test Automation frameworks.
- Provide hands-on expertise to assist customers in understanding the value of WR Solutions.
- Identify gaps and efficiencies from a technical and functional perspective and be the evangelist for both external customers and internal engineering teams.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- A strong understanding of Test Automation approaches and strategies is a must.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Test Automation including planning, script development, and maintenance is required.
- Automated test workflows and frameworks are a must.
- 2 years of experience in an Agile environment and commercial test automation frameworks are required.
- Demonstrated experience with Jenkins, GitLab or GitHub, DevOps practices, K8s, Docker, AWS, etc, and Agile practices is a must.
- Demonstrated experience in Groovy, Python, or other test scripting languages is a must.
- Exposure to testing in simulated environments is a plus.
- Exposure to Infrastructure as Code(IaC) is a plus.
- The ability to conduct a Test Automation assessment with customers is a plus.
- BSEE/BSCS or equivalent experience
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.