Junior Customer Success Engineer – Embedded Linux
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
If you are a curious and collaborative junior embedded software engineer, someone excited about tackling hard problems and finding innovative solutions, then you will love being part of our group. Our customers use Wind River Linux distribution to develop cutting-edge IoT and embedded system devices.. You will work with a variety of gateways (Intel, ARM, PowerPC, and MIPS), troubleshooting not only our Linux distributions but also the potential interaction problems within the hardware design and the software applications of our customers. You will need to be sharp and self-driven to jump into our labs and duplicate our customer environment. You will master skills in a wide range of Linux tools (software and hardware) to understand customer’s setup, anticipate or investigate possible root causes, and provide high-quality solutions. You seek daily commitment with customers and partners, providing seamless support and strengthening their preference for us.
Interface & Collaboration
- The successful candidate will work and collaborate with end-users and stakeholders within Wind River Customer Success operations to assess, troubleshoot, and solve complex multi-layered issues (hardware, software and everything in between!).
- This position will report to the Manager of Customer Success
- Debug and resolve customer issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Establish a deep understanding of customer needs for your area and leverage those insights to provide outstanding solutions.
- Manage ongoing bugs/incidents, system configuration and testing for Wind River Products.
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environment
- Self- managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (both Spanish and English)
- Recent graduate preferred
- BS, Lic, or Master degree student would be a plus.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience with RTOS a plus.
- Experience with Embedded Linux a plus.
- Experience with Yocto and open source technologies.
- Experience in hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets , a plus
- Experience in networking applications, Core TCP/IP, Multicasting, Routing, etc.
- Development and Debugging of C/C++ applications and scripting (bash, perl, python)
- Experience using Linux and Windows as development environments.
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review
- Basic knowledge in virtualization and emulation (QEMU, containers, etc).
- Troubleshooting and debugging issues in a real-time embedded environment is a plus
- Familiarity of major processor families: Intel, ARM, etc.
- Experience with device drivers, BSPs a plus
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Medical Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Lunch Subsidy
- And others
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.