Staff Image Sensor Technology Engineer
As the Staff Image Sensor Technology Engineer in the Office of the CTO at OmniVision (OVT), you will drive the technology study of CMOS Image Sensors especially for the optics part. You make the optical model for the target camera system including module lens and pixel, execute simulation and analyze the phenomena. This result will be used to set the image sensor and algorithm development direction.
- Establish the optical simulation environment combining pixel part and module lens part.
- Establish the scheme to output the optical simulation data so that it can be utilized in camera system simulation.
- Execute the optical simulation and summarize the result along with theoretical / qualitative explanation for that result. You need to align with the key engineers for this explanation for the best understanding of the results.
- Present this material to engineering and senior management to make a recommendation of the development direction.
- Own a cross-functional technology development project with other departments and / or external partners. You need to set the goal aligning with Marketing, make the development plan with the development team and manage the project.
- BSEE or MSEE or equivalent required, PhD desired
- 5+ year Prior experience in optical simulation required
- Good understanding of optics modeling required
- Experience in FDTD and Zemax simulation or equivalent required.
- Basic knowledge of imaging technologies (sensors, image signal processing, optics and camera) desired.
- Programming skill for Python or MatLab preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and communications skills required
- Strong organization skills desired.
- Good interpersonal skills desired.