Job Title: Warehouse Operative - Goods Inward Day shift
Operating Procedures / Work Instructions: As per any local procedures
Responsible for: Meeting the requirements of the Company’s Quality, Health & Safety and Environmental systems, which is mandatory and ensuring that the company’s policies and procedures are followed at all times.
Responsible to: Warehouse Manager/Team leader
Understand, develop and promote the Company’s business objectives and participate with total enthusiasm and commitment to achieve and exceed them.
Ensure regular status reviews are undertaken with the Line Management and relevant Company personnel.
Agree with Line Management appropriate measures (Key Performance Indicators) to monitor performance to achieve the Company’s objectives, ensure that they are kept up-to date and displayed prominently.
Ensure that you fully understand your work requirements and duties and have received the correct supervised training in accordance with the Company’s training requirements to enable you to undertake your duties.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities are defined as:
- Confirm items picked correspond to the items described on the note.
- Pick & pack items to ensure they remain secure and undamaged to their destination.
- Arrange for the issue of certification as detailed on the picking note.
- Ensure that similar size parts from different manufacturers sent out in a single consignment are packed to retain their identity and segregation.
- Load goods for dispatch onto transport within deadlines
- Continually check for damaged labels and request replacements as necessary.
- Cover for envoys as and when required, subject to relevant licenses held.
- Unloading of goods delivered.
- Check that goods advised match goods rec’d, check PO for qty’s and due date.
- Book products onto the system, batch each box as required, pass samples and paperwork to Inspection.
- Put goods away to picking or pallet locations or transfer to boxing or subcontract operations.
- Confirm receipt of any documentation accompanying the delivery e.g. material cert, test cert. etc.
- Repackaging of bulk product into smaller quantities to comply with the companies or customer requirements.
- To fill boxing machine hoppers as necessary (waste management).
- Move boxed goods to designated storage locations.
- Resolve discrepancies noted when picking.
- Advise line manger of potential stock outages.
Key Skills and Competences
- Working as part of a team
- Problem solving
- Manual Handling
Health and Safety
- Recognise the importance of good health and safety practice.
- Ensure that working conditions and the use of resources satisfy current legislation, approved codes of practice and organisational requirements.
- Ensure accidents and near misses are reported.
- Ensure that potential or actual breaches of requirements are identified, properly reported and appropriate action is taken.
- Ensure specified deadlines for work and/or reporting are met.
- Be accountable for the area of business you manage.
- Maintain records as required.
- Ensure any special instructions are noted and carried out.
- Enforce good housekeeping
The above is not a definitive list and does not define the limits on the activities of the employee. The employee will carry out those duties, which are compatible with the role as defined by the Company and within their capabilities. The Job Description may be reviewed and updated in-line with the business needs of the company
Line Manager Signature: