Director of Lean Manufacturing
We’re seeking a Manufacturing Plant Manager/Leader with an impressive career driving Strategic Initiatives and Lean transformation within a dynamic team to become our Director of Lean Manufacturing.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to strategically think, act and execute in order to deliver on company initiatives. S/He will be a Lean subject matter expert with ability to develop and deploy action plans, coach and mentor your staff and other leaders, and implement lean systems throughout the organization. The Director of Lean Manufacturing will be responsible to further transform the plant through implementation of our Make v. Buy strategy. S/He will transform a modern plant into a lean thinking, problem solving, process-focused facility where continuous improvement, challenging the status quo, and process-focused operations are just another day in the office.
If you are looking for a fast paced environment with lots of opportunity for personal and career growth then this is the ideal place for you!
The Director of Lean Manufacturing will:
- Provide daily leadership and create a best in class culture focused on winning in the marketplace
- Possess the intellect and communication skills to successfully implement change
- Develop clear goals for transformation using strategic goal alignment and deployment, accomplishing them in collaboration with management and staff
- Drive value creation and EBITDA expansion through continuous improvement and implementation of our Make v. Buy Strategy; Possess a understanding of Profit Velocity
- Mentor, develop, and lead internal staff, making them self-sufficient in lean thinking and transformation services.
- Drive significant change and adoption of new lean processes within manufacturing site that will result in the measurable elimination of waste and improved margins.
- Function as a change evangelist, using training, gemba walks and coaching, to build best practices and standards around Lean Management Systems.
- Build expertise and stay current with Lean strategies, with special focus on our industry.
- Become a key leader in our continuous improvement efforts enabling us to continue to be a leader in the industries we serve.
- Be self-directed and establish processes and tools to support the internal OE/Lean consulting work, including time recording, scorecard tracking, and reporting on key strategic goals and efforts.
- Strengthen cross functional relationships; establish ongoing dialogue with key associates to build trust, and gain engagement and enhanced adoption of Lean Management Systems.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or any other relevant degree
- Master's or MBA highly desirable.
- At least 5 years of experience leading a manufacturing site / unit OR total manufacturing operations (in its entirety)
- 5 years of Continuous Improvement (CI) experience, with a focus on organization-wide lean transformation
- A team player attitude that is perceived as having credibility and integrity
- A work style that is self-managed, rigorous, and keenly organizational
- A strong strategic and business mindset; business acumen is key in addition to technical strengths
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Highly motivated, high energy, “can do” attitude, self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.