Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
Optimas is currently searching for an analytical Demand Planner to provide day to day support and co-ordination of the Demand Planning function to analyse and load customer forecast information to the Optimas System in order to successfully drive purchase and expediting suggestions for the Supply Chain Teams across the UK.
This role reports directly to the Demand Planning Manager.
- Review of customer forecasts or schedules, weekly or monthly
- Analysis of, but not restricted to forecasts, schedules, historic demand, annual volumes and branch sales forecasts
- Liaise with sales departments to take advantage of local knowledge
- Ensure correct authority or sign off for input of forecast information on the system
- Production and improvement of forecast accuracy data
- Management of MRP/TG settings
- Using Toolsgroup demand planning software and Forecast Packs
- Prepare ‘Exception’ reports and highlight any issues which require input from the branch or customer
- Prepare analytical reports and summaries for Management
- Control manual forecast overrides and obsolescence within tight guidelines
- Ensure that colleagues are familiar with the reports and understand the information issued to them
- Establish monthly collaboration planning reviews also involving direct customer contact where possible (SIOP reviews).
- Other relevant tasks and duties, as assigned.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Previous experience and track record in a demand planning role would be an advantage
- Supply chain experience, exposure to stock control desirable
- Working with our China plant, ability to speak language beneficial
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications
- Advanced Excel skills particularly of interest – needs to be comfortable with Excel, Vlook ups, visual basics, pivot tables, IF statements
- Visual Basics or Access beneficial
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Data entry accuracy
- Statistics experience of interest, used to analsying data
- Well organised with strong time management skills
- Able to work as part of a team or alone
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.