Market Sales Leader
About the Optimas:
Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
We are seeking for a motivated, accomplished, determined Market Sales Leader who will be responsible for leading a team of 4-6 Market Sales Representatives (MSR’s) in developing the Optimas business (Fasteners, MRO, PPE, SAFETY) across several geographic territories according to the company’s business strategies while also being an individual contributor within an assigned geography
This position must be based in select geographic markets around the US and reports to Vice-President of Business Development.
The Market Sales Leader will be responsible for:
- Provide coaching, territory planning, training & development, and leadership to a team of 4-6 (est) MSR’s so as to exceed assigned sales targets
- Align Team Minimum Performance Standards with those set by the VP of Sales, New Business
- Identify potential markets for expansion, recruit, hire, and train new MSR’s
- Assist each MSR with achieving their Individual Development Plans (IDP’s)
- Maintain an individual list of target accounts within your home geography so as to achieve Minimum Accepted Sales Volume
- Promote and sell Optimas’ line of products; OEM & Standard Fasteners, MRO, PP, and Safety within an assigned geography to a selected list of target opportunities
- Achieve new business generation targets as assigned.
- Gain new business PO’s on a weekly basis
- Be aware of market change and competitors’ activities and report periodically
- Make sales presentations, create proposals, and build a pipeline of opportunities
- Work closely with Business Development Team Members, Program Managers, and others to identify market opportunities
- Work with the VP of Sales to construct and negotiate SLA’s that achieve Optimas objectives
- Work with internal departments to create proposals that will win new business while attaining profitability and EBITDA objectives
- Successfully hand off the accounts to the ISR and CSR Teams
- Funnel leads to the BDM Teams
- Strong communication skills, capable of building internal and external collaboration
- Other duties and responsibilities;
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Use your Fastener / MRO /PPE Experience to penetrate new opportunities
- Maintain a steady pipeline of active opportunities
- Meet / exceed weekly activity levels as assigned
- High Energy, Highly Driven, and Self-Motivated
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree preferred
- Knowledge of local business market (Manufacturers, Industrial)
- Minimum of 1-3 years of Fastener / MRO or related sales experience
- Project management skills and experience in implementing projects within decentralized organizations.
- Have high degree of integrity, ethics, motivation, energy and enthusiasm
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
To Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Optimas does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies. Optimas is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs or applications and explicitly reserve its right to contact candidates presented in such unsolicited CV or application.
Optimas OE Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Optimas OE Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.