Inventory Financial Analyst
Inventory Financial Analyst
Barlborough, Derbyshire, UK
Optimas is a global distributor of integrated supply chain solutions, and engineering support focused on delivering fasteners, components, industrial and safety supplies to our diverse customers around the world. Our local, on-the-ground teams understand the nuances of every community we serve. This allows us to adapt with our customers and partners as needs evolve, leveraging our footprint to remain at your side while providing a highly personalized level of service and support no matter where you find yourself around the globe.
To learn more, please visit our website http://www.optimas.com/
The role of the Inventory Finance Analyst is to maintain the integrity of the Inventory records by monthly reconciliations and investigation of discrepancies. The function will also involve ensuring appropriate adjustments are made where necessary to the Inventory records by the Inventory Finance Team or other departments. The role requires working closely with Global cross functional stakeholders in Operations, General Finance, Accounts Payable, Sales and Supply Chain.
The Finance Analyst – Inventory Finance will:
- Monthly reconciliation of Intransit records to General Ledger for each stocking location within EMEA, APAC & NA.
- Identify cause of differences and making adjustments in both the Inventory and Accounting Systems as appropriate.
- Calculation and processing of VAT Loss invoices to meet the China export policy.
- Inter-Company Credit & Rebills.
- Analysis of Purchase Order price versus InterCo Invoice and all associated adjustments for both MF and Trade InterCo locations.
- Carry out adjustments to accruals and purchase prices (PR25 transaction) on the accounting cost.
- Identify and analyse all Trade InterCo vendors within Brainware to resolve invoice queries.
- Ensure accuracy of data for all InterCo transactions globally and correct through investigating all Non-Payables within the system. Produce KPI’s based on this data in-line with departmental requirements.
- Cost maintenance Database Process - Cost anaylsis and correction.
- Cost maintenance Inter Company - Cost anaylsis and correction.
- Cost maintenance - Posting PeopleSoft ICM Journals.
- Ensure Company processes are followed by all departments dealing with Inventory transactions i.e. Accounts Payable, Supply Chain / Purchasing, Operations and other Finance Groups.
- Reel and Non Reel inventory adjustments.
- Customer direct ship billing.
- To assist in any adhoc inventory tasks.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Understand company policy and processes, ensuring these are maintained and rectify where applicable.
- Data analysis and reporting within a specific time period
- Reconciliation of Global inventory delta
- Ensuring that all perpetual counts meet financial requirements
The ideal candidate must have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
- Ability to work alone and be self motivated but equally the ability to be a Team player.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in working in a finance related setting dealing with large volumes of data
- Ability to work accurately in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
- Highly motivated, high energy, ‘can do’ attitude, competitive self-starter with a strong sense of urgency ensuring specified deadlines for work and/or reporting are met
- Strong analytical skills and detail orientated
- IS system knowledge – Microsoft Excel, Access & Word. Advanced excel and Access ability with experience of building macros and using lookup functions and pivot tables Good interpersonal, verbal, written and communication skillsBe accountable for the area of business you manage.
- Enforce good housekeeping
Physical Demands / Travel:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- This position requires extended periods of data entry and computer processing analyzing data.
- Some travel maybe required as part of the role.
Every Day we go above and beyond:
The above are merely guidelines and do not constitute your daily function and or job tasks. As our customer needs emerge, you should expect your responsibilities and focus to change to meet / exceed the needs of our customers.
Our company is fast-paced, dynamic and has enormous potential like few others, thriving in an industry that's highly demanding and very competitive. Our success so far is based on finding the best talent and putting them together to work in a friendly, challenging and exciting environment. Talent is everything for Optimas.
Optimas is strongly committed to creating and preserving equal opportunity for all employees and applicants. Optimas makes all employment decisions – including recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, termination, and other personnel matters – based on merit, and without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics or conduct. Optimas’ strong commitment to equal opportunity requires a commitment by each individual employee. Compliance with the letter and spirit of this policy is required of all employees. Violations of this policy should be immediately reported to your Supervisor, Human Resources or the Legal Department.